“Reminds me of home...”

Price range: US$1 - US$12
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I am a good ol Kiwi gal living in Berlin, Ive been here for 5 years and have pretty much discovered all the great places here. ( My Dutch boyfriend is obsessed with finding hip and trendy places to eat and drink)
We stumbled across Antipodes (owned by New Zealanders) and now are those annoying customers who go there at every opportunity, order everything on the menu, and just WON'T leave.

The food is superb and prepared with utmost care and love from Paul.The coffee is (along with BONANZA-cafe) among the absolute best in Berlin., and they have heaps of cool NZ decorations there too.

I love going there. I just cannot get enough. It takes me back to by beautiful home New Zealand-where the people are generous and friendly and the atmosphere is warm. You won't want to leave either!

1  Thank Moky G
There are newer reviews for Antipodes

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Antipodes was a real hangout for me while living in Berlin. Paul and Jane are the most welcoming, brilliant examples of Kiwi hospitality an expat could hope to find.
Jane's flat whites are outstanding, a -20º day is no match for one of Paul's beef stews, and the chat is the crema on the espresso. All in all: GANGBUSTERS!

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Antipodes is the cutest little nzer's home away from home nestled in the heart of Berlin. Always welcomed and made to feel at home so much so that we went back everyday!
The breakfast is amazing as is the lunch and one of the best flat whites I have had in Berlin, there is also a great collection of glossy magazines to read too!!
I would definitely recommend popping in :-)

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Great Food! Coffee to Die for! and warm friendly people. Would recommend Antipodes to any and everybody. I will be back.

2  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 5 February 2012

The Cafe is run by a wonderful New Zealand couple, who actually enjoy creating the best food and coffee in the area. If you are visiting Berlin and fancy a marvellous place to take a snack or lunch, then this should definitely be on your agenda.

I use it regularly, and I don't compromise on quality, and they never let me down.

3  Thank Swcodfather