“Perfect start of the day!”
Review of 1900 Cafe Bistro

1900 Cafe Bistro
Ranked #7 of 399 Coffee & Tea in Berlin
Cuisines: French, German
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

We had breakfast in this lovely little bistro and it was very good! We loved the interiour, which reminded me of my grandmothers place :-) My husband had the eggs, I took a yoghurt with muesli and fruit, it all looked and tasted excellent. The staff was very friendly! It was one of our best experiences during our trip to Berlin.

1  Thank Jo_Benda

Reviewed 28 September 2016

I love coming here for the cakes. Although I don't drink coffee myself, the café offers some fantastic herbal teas from fresh ingredients. I also like the quirky and colourful crockery.

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

A friend who lived in Berlin took us to this cute little café for coffee and cake.

We had a portion of cheesecake topped with warm plums and a plum strudel to share between three. Both cakes were nice, and not at all expensive.

The lady who served us was extremely welcoming and gave us great service.

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

We sought out this little cafe on a quiet alley from the main street because of its glowing reviews. The place had a lot of outdoor seating and somewhat friendly servers, however, it was some of the slowest service we experienced in Europe, which is saying a lot. It took 15 minutes for us to order, 30 minutes to get our food, and another 30 minutes to get the server's attention to pay and get out. Terrible! They need more than one person serving the 20 customers sitting there. Everyone else also looked impatient.

Besides this the chicken salad we ordered was decent but heavy on the dressing. The chicken was nicely cooked and juicy, however. The cakes on everyone's table looked tasty and I wanted to order one, but because service was so slow I decided to give up.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

Best cake I have had in Berlin and even though the place gets busy at lunch time, in the morning for breakfast, it is perfect!