Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 August 2019

Book this hotel to see pink at the Olympic stadium,the hotel was situated next to the metro station with easy access to all of the city.
The staff in the hotel were very friendly and very helpful, we paid for the breakfast which was very good continental breakfast, the room and all the hotel was clean.
Also the lift was very novel and old cage style one slow but added to this unique hotel

Date of stay: July 2019
Sibylle K, Inhaber at Hotel Brandies, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2019

Dear Gary,

Hotel Brandies is really close to Olympic Stadium (3 stations with the underground) and to Waldbühne. The entrance to the underground is just in front of the hotel.
Thank you for your very friendly comment.

With best wishes from Berlin

Reviewed 18 August 2019

Hotel has a strange layout as there are other parts of the building. Very old looking lift but it worked. Room was quite large and reasonably comfortable. Quite a good breakfast but not sure why you couldn't include it in the room rate.

Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank PDGBLondon

Dear guest,

you ask why we could not include breakfast in the roomrate. Our tax separates logis and breakfast. Logis includes 7% tax and breakfast 19%. We could give you a total sum for both, but we are obliged to separate it on the bill.

Our House is on one side Hotel and on the other side rented out for tenants. This might be strange, but the hotel startes as a pension on two floors only in 1982. Now the reception is on the ground floor and all floors on the left hand side belong to the Brandies.

The lift is from 1910 as old as the house. It is controlled on a regular basis and works without failure when everybody treats it with respect.

Reviewed 9 August 2019

The hotel is a building for rich families of the 1900s, You enter to an apartment with its own reception, and your room is one of the rooms of the house. Absolutely charming and clean, with your sofa and two arm chairs and a decorated ceiling. If you love Agatha Christie´s movies, don´t miss it! The only possible drawback is that you have to go around a little to find a place to park your car.

Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank OshkoshBuenosAires

Dear guest,
I love to read your comment. The house was buildt 1910 and yes the families who could afford these apartments needed some money. But really rich families lived around the Kurfürstendamm or had their own houses in Grundewald or Wannsee. Next time you visit Berlin travell by boat from Wannsee (Dampferfahrt) and enjoy the beautiful villas.

Reviewed 14 July 2019 via mobile

We booked this for 2 nights as were seeing pink in concert. Its 3 stops away on the underground and around 15 minutes from the city the other way. It’s a fab hotel 16 euros in a taxi from Teigel airport. We booked breakfast separately and were so pleased we did as it’s really Good value. We are in room 57 which has its own private balcony and amazing views of the city. The bathroom has a hairdryer shower gel and moisturiser all there for you to use, which is helpful to know when you are limited with liquids travelling with easy jet.
There is a Fab bar and nice restaurants
Close by. The receptionist was very helpful in giving information on where to visit in Berlin. You can buy your underground ticket there as well.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sibylle K, Inhaber at Hotel Brandies, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2019

Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for your detailled description. It is nice to hear that our breakfast for 12 € is good value for money and you enjoyed your stay. Fab bars around our place are the Green Tree on Heerstraße, in walking distance ten minutes away, or the Cancun, only three minutes away.

Reviewed 6 April 2019

I only stayed one night but I really liked the Brandies Hotel. I received a very polite welcome from reception and my room was ready straight away as I arrived late afternoon. The staff spoke good english. The location could not be better right on the U2 Kaiserdamm underground stop which made getting to/from the airport easy (U2 +U6 to Rudow +bus X7 to SXF) as well as Zoo for the bus or other U lines for the Staats Oper Unter Den Linden theatre. It would be very handy indeed for the Deutsche Oper as that's direct on the U2, 4 stops. I have not stayed in the far West End of Berlin before but I found it a safe feeling, pleasant area with many shops close by 2 stops on the U2 to Bismarckstrasse which saved me going to Ku'damm as I only had the morning there on my departure day.
The hotel has a lovely bright decor and my room (20) was very nice indeed. Comfortable bed and nice soft pillows (very important!) I had a good night's sleep here. Lovely bathroom which had a separate bath tub and shower stall and all very clean. I did not have breakfast at the hotel, but there is tea and coffee in the room as well as a selection of drinks and nibbles to buy from the mini bar. I was given a complimentary bottle of water (with handwritten welcome note) as I had booked direct on the hotel website. My room overlooked the rear courtyard which was nice and you could open the window. As the hotel is in an older building the rooms are high and a good size. I never did work out where the lift was, but no matter it was only 2 flights of stairs to my room!
I love my "Schnitzel als Jaeger Art" and the receptionist was able to recommend a really good traditional German restaurant for this just 10 minutes walk away - the Lindenwirten was lovely and the schnitzel was great although I really needed to have gone earlier as I cut it fine to get to the theatre from there as the food took a little while to come!
On my experience, I would highly recommend the hotel and would love to stay there again, thank you!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank the_crafty_traveller
Sibylle K, Inhaber at Hotel Brandies, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2019

Dear cafty traveller,
such an outstanding detailled review we do not receive very often. There is not much to add, but next time please try our breakfast. You will love it.