“Mixed experience”

and 1 more site!
Happy Go Lucky Hotel
Ranked #346 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Arrived at the hostel mid afternoon and was greeted by an extremely friendly guy at the front desk, checked in and advised that due to an airline fault my luggage may be being sent to the hostel, all of which was perfectly fine.
I was given my keycard, room number, had breakfast options explained to me and given the wifi password. I got a good look at the inside of my room because for the most part I had none of my things so had to stay out until I had an update.
The hostel is very well located, being a 60 second walk from the train station and there are a few restaurants around, I'd recommend the little Italian down on the corner.
Breakfast had a wide variety of foods available and was only €6 so excellent value there. Not to mention the sheets being changed daily which is a refreshing change from a few other hostels.

The let down for me is something I'm slightly bitter about, I was emailed saying my luggage had been given to a delivery company so I popped down a few times to reception to see if it has arrived. Being told no a few times, and then finally at noon the next day it was retrieved from the luggage room. The email confirmation from the delivery company confirmed the hostel received it at 22:35, and I had definitely checked after this before going to bed. It wouldn't have made a difference but it would have saved a little stress of wondering where my luggage was. Finding this out sullied the experience of the hostel abbot because it felt that the night receptionist just couldn't be bothered getting it.

Overall, I would use this hostel again if I was travelling alone again, but this trip was not so "happy go lucky" for me.

Stayed: August 2017

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Central location, near public transport, lots of restaurants and other tourist attractions. Affordable prices and friendly staff. A very good solution, especially when travelling on a restricted budget.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Went on a trip the lads (shock) very welcoming and helpful staff (especially with directions and transport to get to our raves) clean sheets and towels on arrival and right next to bus and train station. Go happy and get lucky;)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

To start with, the customer service is awful. Everything is really​ dirty and you have to pay to use the fridge. There is no kitchen cookware available and what is available is also dirty.I don't recomend this place to anybody.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Beautiful veiws from the window, easy transport access, walking distance from the palace. Staff are friendly and helpful. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are well laid out. Lockers.are available in the rooms.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo