Hotel Zoo Berlin
US$111
US$101
Official Site
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgrace bartrendy barpanorama roommartin margielaapple tvhotel bardesign hotelgreat hotelcool hotelhard rock cafepublic areasnespresso machinedepartment storeweekend breakchecking inbreakfast was includedchristmas market
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We had an absolute blast! Berlin is a wonderful city for a break and this hotel is the perfect retreat. From the first impeccable vodka martini to the sumptuous stylish rooms, delicious breakfast, the easy going, helpful fun(ky) staff, and its great location, this hotel is just ideal. Enjoy. Thanks to you all. Simon and Rona.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Karolin_Brueckner, Manager at Hotel Zoo Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Simon and Rona,

Thank you so much for your excellent review.

It is really nice to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that our outstanding hospitality and decor left you with a great impression of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel is lovely and stylish and is in a great central location. However the pretentious staff who do not make you feel welcome at all really spoil the atmosphere. When on holiday staff should make you feel relaxed, welcome and wanting to come back. Unfortunately all the staff make me feel is that I want to tell them where to go.
Facilities wise the towels are hard and crispy, water in room is rank, no mirror in room but on a plus side they do provide toiletries. I would suggest you view the hotel through the lense of the customer to truly appreciate the experience

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julie G

Dear Julie G.,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel.

I am glad to read that you like the style and the location.

It is the aim of our staff members to complete this experience by offering an unforgettable service in a courteous manner. It’s a pity that we did not reached your expectations.
I want to apologize, that we did not fulfil your expectations entirely and I hope that despite of your experience – we will have the pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

The rooms were really nice. Small thing and if I want to be picky the towels were a bit rough, more like a bath mat than a bath towel.

Breakfast on day one the waiter was good, we ordered eggs on toast and got exactly that. Day 2 we were told that that toast was over there so go help yourself, likewise the smoked salmon, so if you wanted eggs on toast you had to estimate the time of the arrival of your egg to coincide with the cooking of your toast. Ok it's a small thing but this is a 5 star hotel and you can't get eggs on toast!

Th next night we purchased drinks which when delivered they removed the drink that I had partly drunk. Literally minutes after my new drink had been delivered it was removed by the waiter.

The second night we had drinks we departed the bar through the same exit as the waiters and as we approached the lift we were told off like children for departing the bar by the wrong exit.

We are grown ups, respectful of our surroundings and I have to say disappointed by the treatment received. I am shocked that we were treated like children given this is a five star hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Loopylyndaloo,

Thank you for your review and your honest criticism. Only through such, we can improve our service.

We are very sorry, that the service during your breakfast the 2nd day as well as in our GRACE BAR was not as expected.
We constantly train our staff to achieve the high standards that our valuable guests are expecting.

Thank you for the compliment regarding the nice room.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We stayed here on a pre-Christmas trip, and chose this hotel for it's relatively central location and good reputation, but I'm afraid it was a bit of a disappointment. It tries incredibly hard to be trendy, but it's attempts at being quirky and individual just fall flat, and I'm afraid that the best word I can use to describe it is actually 'naff'.
You have to take the lift up to the rooms - no stairs at all, I'm afraid - and it's decked out with a huge photograph of paparazzi whose cameras flash at you when the doors shut. It's horribly annoying, and demonstrates the hotel's obsession with image over substance. The rooms are nice enough, plain and simple but also warm and comfy, but I could really do without all the terrible 'edgy' artwork. Faux voyeur photographs of semi-naked women aren't exactly what I want in my hotel room.
Our room hadn't been restocked with toiletries, towels, refreshments etc when we arrived. The staff on reception were very quick to send someone up, and were also polite and apologetic, but we stayed for three nights and our room wasn't actually fully restocked as part of cleaning until our last day!
The minibar had also not been restocked, which doesn't bother us at all as we don't generally use it, but it was somewhat galling to have all the missing items added to our bill at check-out! They were removed, with the staff's apologies again, but the fact is that this hotel markets itself as luxury but can't even manage the most basic tasks that every budget hotel also does.
The bar is also outsourced, so is only available to guests some of the time, again something that really does gall when you've booked a supposedly luxury hotel only to find it has barely any amenities. We did have a burger in the bar on our first night, and it was very nice - the bar staff were also very pleasant, and the service was good.
Basically, if you are looking for a reasonably central location, with good rooms then this place is fine, especially if you have a deal price. But don't go here expecting any sort of five star hotel experience, because you won't get it.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Karolin_Brueckner, Manager at Hotel Zoo Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Nicola W.,

First of all I would to thank you for sharing the experience of your stay at the HOTEL ZOO BERLIN.

The award-winning interior designer Dayna Lee successfully tried to connect the historical character of the building with modern details.
Andreas Kock, a famous Swedish photographer, made the artworks on the wall in our guest rooms. It shows our hotel rooms in their primary form and furnishing. Art is always a matter of taste – we do not expect everybody loves the voyeuristic motives.

Certainly, we do have stairs and our staff would have been more than helpful to show them and avoid the elevator.

We have also realized that you have faced few difficulties with the service in your room, therefore I hope you will accept my apologize. The staff of the HOTEL ZOO BERLIN always strives to fulfil the expectations of our guests.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

I travel a lot with more than 100 hotel nights a year. This is my favorite hotel. Super trendy, really good service, clean and comfortable rooms, great food and perfect location. Add the roof top bar in summer and you can't get any better in Berlin or hardly anywhere in Europe.
I am totally sold.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Dear Fredrik W.,

thank you very much for your 5 star review.

We look forward welcoming you soon again!