1,032 results
All reviews bus stop recommend this hotel living room huge room decent hotel breakfast buffet brandenburg gate zoo station minute walk excellent location nice breakfast comfortable room main attractions public transportation tegel airport kadewe tiergarten
Reviewed 4 July 2018

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in June 2018 and we enjoyed our stay. The room was
very spacious - we had a one bedroom apartment for 3 people, with a kitchen (we used only the kettle and refrigerator). The room was on the 6th floor and it was quiet. The location was good, close to certain attractions, needing to take public transportation to many other attractions. The breakfast was excellent, with very many delicious choices. The front desk staff was helpful and professional.

The only negative was the fact that there was air conditioner only in the bedroom, so we had to keep the door between bedroom and living room open for the person who slept in the living room to be comfortable (the weather was warm while we were there).

Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2018

The worst experience with hotel personal ever! No flexibility if you need help to change the reservation, absolute inhuman, impersonal attitude, only system stupidity! And moreover, impoliteness of the staff as hanging up the phone while talking.
If you don't cancel your reservation at least 4 days in advance (what what can depend on the third side, especially in business field), you pay 100% of the price! How kind to clients… !!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Sylter_Hof_Team, Verkaufsleiter at Hotel Sylter Hof Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear costumer,

thank you very much for your comment.

As we already told you on the phone, you had booked a non refundable rate.
That means, the reservation you made, is not cancelable.Also you can not pospone the booking.
For that reason the rate is significantly more favourable.

In our opinion, this has nothing to do with impersonal attitude.
It is just the policy you had choose for your reservation

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Christoph Lamprecht
Sales Manager

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

From the moment of checkin and throughout my two night stay I was treated with indifference. Even though it was after 1pm my room was not ready and was told checkin was 3pm. The receptionist also seemed displeased when I said I wont be having the hotel's breakfast (which is very overpriced).

The inside of the room is supposedly renovated but to me its just a decor makeover in the room and the bathroom was old style. No sitting room even though this was the impression given on the website. Partitions between walls are very thin and I can hear next door slamming cupboards and someone walking overhead. At one point someone slammed their front door so hard my whole room shook.

One receptionist was rude when I reported that my wifi appeared disconnected, telling me the light at her desk shows green so it must be working. When I stood firm and insisted, she then relented and more politely requested me to try again in a couple of minutes.

I get the impression the owners are trying to make this a business hotel hence the indifference and contempt to which tourists were treated. At no point during my stay did any reception staff asked how I was or offered suggestions on what to do etc - standard practice in other hotels. I find this hotel overpriced.

This was my first and assuredly stay at this hotel. The only time they were helpful was when I was checking out and requested a taxi. I was as happy to see the last of this hotel as they must be of me!

Not recommended, overpriced and poor service. Avoid.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2018

I have submitted 120 reviews to Trip Advisor, with the vast majority being for hotels. I can say unequivocally that the Hotel Sylter Hof is by far the best place we have stayed for the price. Clearly rooms that cost 3 or 4 times more money than we spent are likely more impressive, but this was reasonably priced, and our room was fabulous. We had a “superior room,” which included a living room, bedroom, kitchen (with stove and refrigerator but no microwave), a bathroom with two sinks, and a balcony. We were there for 11 nights, and we could have easily been comfortable staying there for a month or even longer. Everything was clean. Everything worked as it should with one exception, and that was fixed within hours of our reporting it. The storage was more than ample. The lighting was great. The staff was very helpful, and their English was fine. The location was fantastic!!! A bus stopped right in from of the hotel. We could easily walk to the “downtown” area and to the S Bahn and U Bahn stations. We did not eat the hotel’s breakfast, but there was a fabulous bakery less than a block away, and we would buy our breakfast there. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NearlyRetired68
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night , pleasant comfortable room , nice lobby area and bar.
Location perfect for K Damm and Zoo area.
Large well organised breakfast room with good choice hot and cold buffet.
Great value for money compared to other hotels in area.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business