“Average”

Cuisines: Bar
Neighbourhood: Kreuzberg
Neighbourhood: Kreuzberg
Reviewed 17 October 2014

Everything, the food, the waiting was average. Though it seems in Berlin everywhere is average. When I eat out, I really struggle to find flavour in this city, and Devil's kitchen was no different.

3  Thank mike n

Reviewed 6 October 2014

we didn't realize how early (to us) berlin restaurants close, this is one that serves after 10-10:30! we ordered our meal from a distractingly good-looking bartender who didn't warn us we were overordering. luckily, the manager i'm guessing, did tell us and gave us drinks on the house to make up for the wait. very decent food in a lovely neighborhood.

1  Thank supertearz
Reviewed 21 September 2014 via mobile

I have been a repeat customer at Devil's Kitchen for many months, and I am blown away every time. The smoked eggplant, alek kebab and leek fritters cannot be beaten. The hummus is incredible also. The flavours in each dish are unique, delicious and delicate. It must be tried to be believed! As a local, it's one of my top tips as a must eat at venue in Berlin for sure!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Devil's kitchen is a proper local restaurant and bar. Nothing too flash, indeed not flash at all, but with a nice relaxed, kinda grungy vibe to the place. It's the kind of joint that has gig posters on the walls, exposed flaking plasterwork and a simple bar that does serving drinks.

It's kind of dark inside, and the bar is simple without glitz or pretensions. It has a warm feel, and an insouciance that ccan be seen as laziness or inattentiveness. However, the staff are very warm and welcoming when you get their attention. Outside of an evening the setting is lovely with big awnings and shady trees on a little square. Perfect with some beers.

The food on the other hand is good, and good value too. There could be a bit more flavour to some bits, but the falafal are ace and the open kebab I had was very good. Be warned though - portions are big. Not USA big, but easily enough for medium me.

All told a good joint to drop into, enjoy a beer or two and grab some food. Will it set the world alight? Not yet, but I don't think that's the plan...

1  Thank ButchandSundanceLive
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Looks like old school living rooms with old furniture, shelves and books. It feels really comfortable even tough it can be really cramped when full. There is a smoking lounge, which I find no very typical for Berlin, but there is no door to it. So sit in the far back of the room so the smoke would not bother. Personnel speaks English and it is very friendly. Try the Devil’s home-made Roastbeef sandwich it is the best. Served with very delicious potato wedges.