Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$98
PricelineUS$108
NH HotelsUS$108
Hotels.comUS$98
TravelocityUS$98
FindHotelUS$102
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 March 2020

I stayed a few days there as I went on holidays to Berlin for 6 days. I choosed this hotel because, even though is not in central Berlin, it's just a few minutes away from a U5 stop of the U-Bahn (the Berlin underground). The location was so great and convenient because the surroundings of the hotel are very quiet, and you can get to Alexander Platz in no more than 15 minutes! I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of staying in Berlin for a few days. There's an Aldi and a Rewe next to it, apart from a Kebab take away which we fondly will remember (4 kebabs in 6 days, needless to say!)

The only issue I had it's just that, on the second night (Friday night, 6º of march, room 517) of my stay, my girlfriend wondered if we could get another duvet (as the one she had wasn't enough thick and cosy for her). So I went to reception and asked the receptionist (a man called Igor) who was over there. I said "I was wondering if I could get another duvet, would it be possible?" to him, and he didn't know what I was talking about. On my second attempt, obviously I slowed down and stressed the word DUVET. He still didn't know what I was trying to mean. I repeated it for the third time (there were two people already queuing after me) and all he said was "Sorry,do you speak english?". To be fair I was a bit shocked, because I noticed that he didn't know what the word "DUVET" means, but if you don't know the meaning of a hotel-room related word there are thousands of way to handle that situation ("can you google it?", "can you please show me a picture of it?") rather than questioning the english speaking skills of a guest in front of others and embarrasing him. Apart from that, there's absolutely nothing wrong in not knowing the meaning of a particular word! My mother tongue is not english either and that has happened to me so many times, so I would have absolutely fully understood him. What I didn't understand at all is why he had to deal with it in that way. Anyway, in the end it wasn't a big deal at all as I turned up the heating in the room and my girlfriend was fine with it.

Apart from that everything was fine; the staff at reception was lovely ( I dealt mostly with a guy with a beard, nice guy! sorry If I don't remember your name!), same with the breakfast staff! Apart from that I could check in earlier than expected, as I turned up at the hotel at 11, and they already had my room ready for me, which was much appreciated : ) On my last day I could leave my luggage with them as the check-out was at 12 but my flight was scheduled at 21 00.

The room was great; very cosy, all toiletries needed were in the bathroom and a lovely shower good enough to have a proper shower after a busy day around Berlin : ) The wifi was great aswell, which nowadays is quite important.Apart from that, we stayed from Thursday till Tuesday and we didn't hear any party goers or annoying people going up and down, which was great and allowed us to have a great sleep : ) One thing I would like to say is that it would be great if in the TV there were more english-"or any other language" entertainment-focused channels rather than just news (I find it great to unwind about daily life and daily misery). We tried to watch a couple of spanish channels ( "RTVE 24 horas" and another one I can't remember its name now) but the signal was that low that it wasn't available. Anyway, it wasn't important at all as obviously we spent most of the day around Berlin.

To sum up, I would say this hotel is a great place to relax and enjoy Berlin! it's not in the city center but it's very very next to it and convenient because of the U-Bahn stop next to it. Apart from that, the building itself, the decor, the corridors and the staff kindness gives you that lovely feeling of the 4 stars hotel you paid for : ) If I'm ever back in Berlin it would definitely be more than happy to be back! Thank you very much for everything!

Date of stay: March 2020
3  Thank Dieguete7
Team_NH_Berlin, Leiter Gästebetreuung at NH Berlin City Ost, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2020

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

thank you very much for taking time to send us your wonderful feedback!
We are pleased to hear that your stay was great and you enjoyed our stay with us.

We would be very pleased to welcome you again for your next trip in Berlin.

Stay healthy and your family!

Reviewed 10 March 2020

Lovely hotel,great breakfast,staff veryhelpful. Rooms spacious and very clean. This hotel is in east Berlin, just along the road from the stasi museum buildings. On the main underground route from alexanderplatz. About 30mins from Brandenburg gate etc but, worth a stay. IWe would definitely go back. There are a few restaurants nearby however,there is an Italian restaurant at the hotel which is worth eating at. There is a shopping centre at frankfurter allee ,5 mins from hotel (where you catch the underground) which has an ALdi and various other shops worth a stay..

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank sue9597

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

thank you very much for taking time to send us your wonderful feedback!

We would be very pleased to welcome you again for your next trip in Berlin.

Stay healthy and your family!

Reviewed 25 October 2019 via mobile

What a fantastic hotel! I booked through Expedia for a party of 9 people for a New Year’s Eve trip and this hotel was so reasonably priced for its location. It’s only a 5-10 minute walk from the subway which takes you to all the major attractions throughout Berlin as well as the airport which made it very easy for such a large group to travel together. Whilst we were located on separate floors, the rooms were still very comfortable and clean. This is a BED BUG FREE hotel and the bathroom was also clean. We were room only, however there is a supermarket across the road and little cafes at the shopping centre near the subway station. The best thing about this hotel though is the lovely little Italian restaurant which is attached to it! I 100% recommend trying it if you’re staying at the hotel. The staff were very friendly and I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank VikkiBee
Sven M, Leiter Front Office at NH Berlin City Ost, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2019

Reviewed 8 September 2019

Booked a city getaway package and NH Berlin City Ost was the hotel we had.

Location was great! You have access to S and U line, both within 7 minute walk. There's also a shopping centre just outside the U line so you can buy groceries / snacks. Varied restaurants and food stalls as well.

Staff were very accommodating. I emailed them beforehand as my siblings will be arriving a couple of days earlier so I requested to have our rooms close to each other and they replied promptly. Also, shoutout to Igor who mentioned about the track work - we would've missed our flight hadn't he mentioned it.

The room was clean and tidy. Only 'fault' was the fridge, not sure if it was broken or if you have to turn it on as it wasn't cooling up. We didn't mention anything as we didn't really need it.

Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank didibarry
Sven M, Manager at NH Berlin City Ost, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2019

Reviewed 3 September 2019

This is very good hotel in Berlin. Also you can park your car in garrage for 16 EUR. It is near to the undergroud and there are few shopping centres nearby. IT is in quiet surroundings. We also had late check out at 5PM.

Date of stay: August 2019