See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 February 2017

If you want to live nearby the river Spree in a nice and quite hotel little off by the centre of the city, then this is the hotel for you. The hotel has vegetarian and yoga theme.

The breakfast lacks meat (cause of the vegetarian theme) but it was really good and healthy.

A minus was that the door was really responsive and you could hear the noise from the corridor.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2016

Exceeded all expectations. My whole stay here was a pure delight. The food was phenomenal. The staff were so warm and welcoming. The rooms clean and pleasant (Highly recommend a room overlooking the river. Lots of light and the view is incredible)
Really connected with this venue. Beautiful energy. I really liked the concept of a hotel really caring for the earth. A hotel that produces its own electricity, supports transition to sustainable transport (electric cars) and places such an importance on organic/bio/sustainable really made this place a treasure and my stay here a pleasure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
EssentisBio, Admin at Essentis Biohotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2016

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for leaving us such a great review. We're very happy to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 December 2016

I stayed in Essentis in November 2016 and I can only say good words about this place. The best part of the experience was the vegan restaurant. If I’m not mistaken, pretty much all of their food is organic and the meals somehow vibrated good and positive energy. Trying out the RAW vegan cake is a must! Also, the water offered in the restaurant is filtered.
They use solar panels for electricity and they also have charging stations for electric cars.
The room was clean and fresh but was not visually appealing and didn’t really match the rest of the hotel. There was also a nice selection of inspiring books but they were all in German.
My favourite part was the guided meditation and yoga in the morning.
It is quite far away from the center which wasn't an issue for me.
I would’ve preferred to stay here in the summer to dip in the river and enjoy the hammock area. I might come back if I’m lucky to find a discount price.
All in all, I recommend staying in Essentis if you’re looking for a quiet, positive and vibrant place with amazing vegan food.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
EssentisBio, Admin at Essentis Biohotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2016

Hi Ena, thank you for choosing to stay with us, for leaving us a great review and for your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here! We are actually currently in the process of renovating and re-doing some of our rooms and would love to welcome you back here at Essentis again soon!

Reviewed 6 December 2016

Essentis Biohotel is great for the people who are looking for a place where you can experience how to life in the harmony. This “living island” provides yoga classes and meditation almost everyday. I have stayed for a week and I could to be part of few activities that were happing around. I also really did enjoy raw cakes. Consciousness of this Biohotel is amazing, if you interested in peaceful place where to stay it's here.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing to stay with us Veronika. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here at Essentis and hope to welcome you here again soon!

Reviewed 19 September 2014

I was at Essentis bio-seminarhotel in August 2013 and I was pleased to stay there. The staff is REALLY friendly, but professional. The library is really good and well- arranged, the furnishing is good, the view is exquisite! The food is the best part - I had not seen such full, healthy and interesting meals, everything is a pleasure for the tongue. Would definitely return if I have the chance!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us Joanna. We're very glad you enjoyed your stay at Essentis and hope to see you again some time!