“stag weekend”

Derag Livinghotel Grosser Kurfurst
Ranked #86 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 5 March 2012

beautiful hotel, great location and fantastic staff who helped with were was best to go. The rooms are very modern and clean no problems what so ever.
WOULD recommend this hotel to all my close friends and family

Room Tip: we had four rooms all as good as each other
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 March 2012

I looked at previous reviews before booking this hotel. Location great. Milly's up the street for breakfast - great, the supermarket around the corner from there with fresh pastries and coffee - awesome. The hotel itself was fine, but the strangest thing, there was one pillow which was about the height of a small house. For all intense and purposes, it was like someone grabbed a cushion off the sofa. We asked for a double but were given 2 singles pushed together so that the Rhine Gorge separated us, not ideal for a couple getting married later this year :( Also the rooms were so hot that we didn't sleep the first night, the second night we opened the window even though it was -7C outside and we didn't feel any cold coming in. The option to control temperature would make guests feel more comfortable, turning down the radiators didn't work. Anyhoo, Hotel and Service, Cleanliness and Location were perfect. Sleep quality was poor, hence the rating.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Really, I felt if it were very good 5 but not 4 star hotel in everything!
Rooms, service, breakfast, everything was perfect! As it happens when one wants to describe a good thing, it can be done and is done in very few words! :) Really an excellent hotel!
during my 2 night stay there were also two small misunderstandings, but the way hotel solved them even those make me able to say hotel is really excel ant.
I was late for the breakfast and though snacks and were till left no coffee was served, so I asked for a cup of coffee, but as I was in hurry I couldn't wait till they bring. During check-out this coffee (8EUR) was included in the bill but when i just said that I didn't drink it they simply and easily discard it from the bill. Very pleasant approach.
Second, on the previous day of my leaving, I found that my key doesn't work. At the reception I was told that it was a mistake and they thought I have already checked out! I have only one hand case with me and practically no any items in the room. It was very disappointing especially when I thought they made-up the room in which little things were left. But as it is really an excellent hotel, after 3-4 minutes I was in the same room, got apologizes, and was given my mobile charger left in the room and even one piece of special apple pie which was left from the previous evening and I did not want to eat this second piece, but even it they carefully stored as it was bought from outside shop and was in a box.
Such things can be met everywhere and for many people this two episodes can be very negative, as for me own, but more important for me the way they solve these problems which once again make me able to tell this is an Excellent hotel!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
JensPeters1958, Manager at Derag Livinghotel Grosser Kurfurst, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your comment regarding your recent stay with us.
We are delighted that you enjoyed our hotel and services.

It is important for us to get your review, so we can assure best care and attention to our hotel guest at all time.

However, it was an honour for us to serve you as our guest.
We would be pleased, if you would give us the opportunity to be at your service once more.

Therefore, we now look forward to welcoming you back at the Hotel Großer Kurfürst in Berlin on a potential future occasion.

Kind regards,
Jens Peters and team

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Very nice rooms, location, staff. The breakfast was not included in the price, and was not very good. But everything else was very good. I will defently use this hotel at another visit.....................

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com