“Food was great, but slow and bad service”
Review of Restaurant Shi-Mai

Restaurant Shi-Mai
Ranked #1,007 of 8,994 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$12 - US$37
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

The food was absolutely delicious, but i got my menu and finished before my friend even got his menu. Very slow service, it took almost an hour to make 18 makis.

Not even apologies for the delay or the serving at different times.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Sometimes when you crave Asian food in strange place i.e. Europe, you just have to walk around and hope that you find one and it is good. I walked around this cluster of restaurants and spotted Shi-Mai and saw what their customers eating and it looked delicious. It didn't disappointed me. My beef grilled was tasty, vegetables was perfectly sautéed, I got hot and sour soup too. I also tried Saigon street ice coffee which is OK not as good as my favorite Thai ice coffee.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

The food is fantastic and the staff excellent! I can highly recommend their duck dishes. The food is quite authentic and prices are reasonable. Nice for all kinds of diners!

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

I had the won ton soup and the Peking duck and shrimp combo. Both were excellent with great flavor and looked great, too.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Visited here on the last night of our break to Berlin. The food was delicious!
The menu has many pictures of the food available which aids your choice.
Service was a little lacking with many of the staff standing around chatting behind the bar rather than attending to customers.
I would highly recommend the seafood wok and the red chicken curry was tasty too. Desserts are limited.
Cocktails are on happy hour in the evenings and good value for money.
Def worth a visit.