“Very Nice Hotel”

Holiday Inn Berlin City East
Ranked #377 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 7 February 2012

This Holiday Inn is a bit hard to find, but taking a taxi to the front door made life easier. Rooms were very clean and the food in the restaurant was very good. Everything you need is right at the hotel. Very friendly staff. Would defitely stay here again if we ever get back to Berlin.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank curban17
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Berlin City East

Reviewed 4 January 2012

We booked this hotel for two reasons; the first it was the cheapest deal and the second it was a Holiday Inn so we knew what we were getting.

The main aim for the break was site seeing in Berlin which this hotel worked well for, its right next to a tram stop so was quick and easy to get into the centre; single 2.30 Euros but for the week we were there no one checked our tickets once so you could get away without a ticket (not that I recommend). The hotel is a little way out and there really is nothing to do in the area (for the cheap price this was worth compromising on), but it felt safe to walk around and there is a nice cheap pizza take away down the road.

The hotel room/bathroom was really large, clean and modern; I could not fault it. The only issue we had was the unbelievably soft beds. I have stayed at lots of hotels but this one wins the soft bed award.

Overall excellent cheap stay hotel, as expected with a Holiday Inn rooms and service ok but a little way out (but prefect for the price).

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MathTraveller42
Reviewed 25 December 2011

my only moan was that they don't do double beds, instead you have to join two singles together?
other than this, room was good. bathroom and shower were nice. hotel food (breakfast) was very good and staff all spoke English and were very helpful.

in terms of location, its about a 10 min tram ride into the city center and about 20 min ride to the airport. I quite liked the location and it wouldn't put me off staying there again.

Room Tip: every other floor has drink vending machines. the bottled water in the room is NOT complimentary!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mrjayjay
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I don't know what I had taken to have chosen this hotel for a one night stay in Berlin. Not that there is anything wrong with the hotel, but, the location is a bit remote if you want to explore the inner city. If you are interested in history, do not forget to visit The Weissensee Jewish Cemetery and Gedenkstätte Berlin- Hohenschönhausen (the Stasi museum). Both at a walking distance. Luckily, there are tram stops all around the hotel, too. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, the business class room was nice too. Nothing new and modern, but clean and comfortable. My photos tell more than 1000 words.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank FreeMind
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Stayed here a week for my first visit to Berlin. Check in and check out both quick and easy. Check in staff were very pleasant and extremely informative; giving me a map and pointing out places to go. I was offered a choice of rooms on different floors which was nice. When I got to the room was surprised how big it was. The only negative thing about the room was no tea and coffee making facilities. However there was a self service cold drinks dispenser on every second floor which even stocked beer.
When I required an iron and ironing board I phoned housekeeping and requested this using my rudimentary German. The housekeeper delivered my request very quickly and then spoke to me in perfect English: that probably speaks volumes about how bad my German was!

I didn't use the restaurant but ate elsewhere in Berlin. The only downside of the hotel was its location, requiring a short tram ride to the nearest U-Bahn and S-Bahn stations but I knew about this before I booked. The trams were very regular which made the experience very easy.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Berlin.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo