2,429 results
All reviewseast side galleryswimming poolhostel hotelyoung peoplecommon roomfemale dormtrain stationwarschauer strassebig hostellaundry facilitiesgreat facilitiesminute walkown bathroombed dormnoisy at nightclean roomscommon areas
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

This hostel is truly wonderful, like a home away from home. The facilities, activities and services they offer are amazing, and the staff were very helpful and catering. The rooms are spacious and very clean and the beds are comfortable. Easy to meet new people, and the common room area is great. The only downside to this hostel is that they don’t offer an included breakfast for guests, however, there is a supermarket called Lidl just down the road that sells food for crazy cheap prices, which I would recommend going to rather than eating at their own Opera bar and restaurant.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
PLUSBerlinTeam, Leiter Gästebetreuung at PLUS Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Hi Claire,

thank you so much for your great review!

It really makes us very happy to have satisfied guests since is our biggest goal.

About breakfast, I think that our buffet 'all you can eat' for 7,50 is a very good deal but I understand that for travellers on a budget going to the supermaket is very convenient.

I hope to see you again here with us when next time in amazing Berlin!

Best,

Reviewed 4 February 2018

This Hotel is 5 minutes walk from a train station and 5 minutes walk from the east side gallery, the staff is great always willing to help, the restaurant is amazing great food and great drinks , the room is very comfortable, breakfast is not included but you can have it for around 7 euros and is worth it

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
PLUSBerlinTeam, Leiter Gästebetreuung at PLUS Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Dear Rafael,

thank you so much for your great review!

Our location is truly amazing and we always try to offer the best service possible.

Our staff is with no doubt our Plus!

Hope to see you again next time when in Berlin.

Thanks again and have a nice day

Reviewed 3 February 2018

I was travelling to Berlin for the first time, solo and it was my birthday. I was gifted with so much, from meeting a wonderful artist that enabled me to 'purchase' the smallest piece of ground ever and invent my own country " Kappaland" (seriously this is the most unbelievable art installation with big imagination and heart attached to it) , great bar staff who toasted me with cake and Prosecco..amazing history, comfortable and clean rooms and fantastic, helpful staff. The hostel is also located in easy walking distance of major train route and offers walking tours of the city curated by their 'on the ground' staff. Do take a Berlin Street Art walking tour, it is fascinating.

Room Tip: There are many rooms available - of you like to swim then choose one closest to the spa
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
PLUSBerlinTeam, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at PLUS Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Hello MMBaird,
Thank you for such a detailed review of our facilities and for loving the art! We are very happy you chose us for your birthday and we helped making it worthy.
We look forward to having you here if you come back to Berlin!
Best regards,
PLUS Berlin Team

Reviewed 1 February 2018

There's nothing that i could fault about my stay at Plus Berlin if i'm perfectly honest. For an en-suite 4 bed room at 25 euros for 3 nights, i was blown away. Not only are the prices incredibly generous for the stay itself, but free use of a swimming pool, sauna - also free yoga in the morning?! Honestly, you guys are the best. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, we even got free drinks tokens on arrival which was lovely! You can genuinely tell that the owners of this hostel run it for the good of tourists and not for profit, which, a lot of hostels do tend to do. The location is also ideal, situated in such a convenient area to get to. Beds are very comfortable, there is a common room with a TV and kitchen (not that we used it really, but still v handy!) Also the restaurant has a good menu, and the unlimited pizza night on a Tuesday was great. Thank you so much for having us, if i ever venture back to Berlin i'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
PLUSBerlinTeam, Leiter Gästebetreuung at PLUS Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

Hi Beth!

Thank you so much for your amazing review, this pays all the effort that we daily put in our work.

We try to keep our standards really high and to get better every day, our staff is with no doubt our Plus, we strongly believe that they are the starting point for an amazing experience with us.

I am happy that you enjoed all our services and that you really lived and felt the 'Plus experience' as we meant it.

What about Pizza... we are italian, nothing more to say :)

Thanks again, hopefully till next time in Berlin!

All the best,

Reviewed 31 January 2018

I visited this hotel in January and stayed there for 4 nights. We stayed in a double bed room with seperated beds as booked and our room was really spacious and could literally fit 4 more beds! :D The room was really clean and it was cleaned every day! Also the hotel provided towels, a fan and some goodies for the shower, which suprised me because I didnt expect this from a Hostel/Hotel. The bathroom was also clean, the only thing that i didnt like was that it was really cold in the bathroom, since there wasnt a radiator. We also visited the Pool area which was really relaxing after a long city trip. But there were some things I didnt like for example that the hotel didnt provide any slippers for the pool area and many people went with their street clothes to the pool and even with their boots into the pool area which is really unhygenic and the floor became dirty also outside the shower and where the cabins are its really wet and slippery. Also the pool was really cold especially for January, i would appreciate a warmer water but ok its a indoor pool.
We also visited the Opera Restaurant. When we arrived it was a little bit full but still there were at least 10 free tables and we sat on one and wanted to drink some Sangria which was for 2 euros but the waiter was really mean and asked us to sit at the bar because we could only sit at this table only when we are going to eat otherwise we should sit at the bar. Ok so we sat at the bar and drunk it there. On the next day we went again and eat something. The food was good and the price was acceptable for a Hotel Restaurant and we also got a free jug of water. But one thing that i dont understand and could observe was that the waiters didnt allow some groups of people to sit in the back of the restaurant where tabled for 6 persons are and also a group of 4 people couldnt sit on a 6 persons table and the waiters were really disrespectful to the guests when he told them they couldnt sit there and was pissed when he actually allowed it. Otherwise, the waiters where typically italians and spoke with the guest but they were really loud and shouted from one end of the room to the other with each other. But ok i mean the hotel isnt a 5 star hotel and the guest are mostly teenagers so nobody cared. On the last day we also had breakfast and it was acceptable. It costs 6,50 and you had everything what a basic breakfast buffet has. The only thing that wasnt good, were the fruits that were definatly from cans and tasted like they were in the fridge for 5 days and also smelled like it and the scrambled eggs were awful and you could taste that they were microwaved and were really solid and burned. Otherwise everything was fine from the check in to the check out. In the lobby there are many automates and also an ATM so you wont get hungry in the middle of the night. Also the building and the archticuture/design is really cool and i read that it once was a school so you actually kinda had that feeling and some of the doors had pictures from the berlin wall! I would recommend this hotel for young people who are in the city for parties or are on a low budget.

Room Tip: 4th floor, seperated bed, double bed room, was directed into the garden, quite
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Hi Nicoletta,

first of all I really want to thank you for the time you spent writing a review for us, they are always very usefull to get different point of views and for us to always try getting better since that is our goal.

I am very happy that all around you had a good stay, our reception staff is available 24/7 to try and solve any kind of troubles when guests are reporting them to us.

We do have rules about the behaviour by the pool, unfortunately, as I hope you can understand, not everyone are respecting them, we try to overlook on it but we can't be responsible for some of the guest' misbehaviour.

Our bar and restaurant are in the same place but also separate, so to get the work go better the tables for each purpose is different and it is important for the organization to keep it that way, I am very sorry that you noticed and experienced yourself not a nice attitude from the staff of the restaurant, I will immediatly forward this complain to the manager of our restaurant in order to understand what happened and solve it.

I will also forward your complain about the breakfast buffet, we normally have lots of good feedbacks about it since it is a very good price for the given amount and quality of food but of course I totally understand that every experience is single and unique and we will absolutely take note of your complain.

We are really trying to make the best out of the stay of all our clients, Berlin itself is an amazing city, the area where we are located is perfect for any need, and yes, the building itself is unique, it was a textile school and we still have some grown up students come for a visit sometimes, the architecht that designed it, is Ludwig Hoffmann, which also designed the more known Pergamon museum and that is why it is listed in the important buildings of the city.

We also love art and host very often artist from all over the world to have our walls painted by them and I am happy that you appreciate it.

I really want to thank you again for your time and wish you all the best.

Kind regards,