US$270
US$176
US$227
US$202
  • Room Service
Generator Hostel Berlin Mitte(Berlin)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$45
US$404
US$292
Agoda.com
  • Pool
2,408 results
All reviewseast side galleryswimming poolhostel hotelyoung peoplecommon roomfemale dormtrain stationwarschauer strassebig hostellaundry facilitiesown bathroomgreat facilitiesminute walkbed dormnoisy at nightclean roomscommon areas
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Around 2 years ago I stayed at the Plus and had an okay experience. I booked the dorm for 4 people for myself and a friend and there was this third guy staying in the room, who brought some stranger person to have sex in the bathroom. When we complained that there were strangers being let in the room for sex, the receptionist acted like it was normal and moved us to a smaller room. It was so bad that we decided to pay to move to a private room. The private room was nice, big bathroom, plenty of space, very clean and, despite the receptionist acting as it was normal to have strangers being let in the room or to have strangers moaning loud inside the bathroom while you try to sleep, we had a pleasant stay, specially because of the facilities, which are great. I went again to Berlin from the 1st till the 6th of December of this year with another friend and decided to give Plus another shot, since we liked the facilities and we assumed that it was just one isolated case of bad customer service. We booked the private twin room right-away and I was absolutely shocked by the room we had. Actually, calling it a room is an overstatement, it was pretty much a dungeon. As wide as a window, we couldn’t open our luggage in the room. The beds were crammed together, with basically one-arm space between them. There was no light in the room per se, just by the door, which did not reach the room, so the only light we got was from the bedside lamps. They had a tv almost at the ceiling that only one bed was able to see, and barely. And to top it all, my bed broke in the middle of the night. When I went to ask for a solution for the broken bed, the staff said I was “lucky”, because they only had one more private room available because they were full. I went to get my belongings from the other room, but my friend said that we should check the new room first. I was glad we did, because the other room was actually under renovations, with no mattresses and it was actually an even smaller room, with only a bunk bed instead of 2 twins. So at the end, we were standing at 2am, waiting for staff to find an extra bed to change the one that was broke in the “room”. I would actually like to give a better rate for the place, because the hostel itself looks nice and modern, but after those 2 really bad experiences, I’m definitely booking one of the other really nice places that you can find in Berlin for the same or even better prices.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
PLUSBerlinTeam, Inhaber at PLUS Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Hello,
thank you very much for the time that you spent writing a review, all of them are very important for us to get better.
I am very sorry that you had troubles staying with as we always try our best to have happy and satisfied guests.
We really care about safety, that is why we installed cameras all over the place, we keep the main door always shut so that only guests can come in, we have a security service that runs all night and reception is 24/7 in order to solve any kind of troubles. It is absolutely not alloud to bring anyone from outside the hotel in shared rooms, if the guy that you were sharing the room with took another guest in your room, i'm sorry but we have no control on this, about the reception, too much time has passed unfortunately so it is hard for me to understand what happened excatly.

About your second stay I would like to say that we are going through a process of room rennovation in order to rise up our standards.
All the rooms are very different since the hotel is made after a very important building and we both had to and wanted to, respect more then possible the building itself.
I am sorry about this other experience and I hope the our reception staff could anyway help you with this matter and was professional as you expect.
Please let me know if I can do anything for you, and if you like to contact us by mail you are more then welcome (info@plusberlin.com),and really hope that we can have a third chance and that it will be finally the good one for you!

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed in a 4 person dorm as a couple travelling, it was clean and a very large room with options to make hotter or colder which was appreciated as we find European rooms to be very hot in winter time! The hostel was huge and had so many things - swimming pool, restraint, bar etc. Bathroom was clean and everything worked well, towels included. It was unfortunately very noisy at night with people coming and going, so being ear plugs if you find this bothersome. Breakfast had plenty of options (hot, cold, juices tea and coffee) but was a bit pricey !

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
PLUSBerlinTeam, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at PLUS Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Hello Chyna,

Thank you for your lovely review! We are happy you clearly enjoyed your stay with us. Sometimes the dorms do get a bit messy, but we try to keep a strict silence policy from 9pm on.

In any case, we look forward to welcoming you again to Berlin if you ever come back!

Best regards,
PLUS Berlin Team

Reviewed 21 December 2017

We stayed for 3 nights in a 3 bed room . We found the rooms were large and clean and the en-suite bathrooms were good with great showers. The heating in rooms was good and you could also open the windows for fresh air. The front desk staff are there 24/7 and friendly & helpful.
I would say the main downside is that the hostel is so huge (it used to be a textile factory) that it is easy to get lost all the time, & you have to do a lot of walking to get to the reception & the dining room.
There is free parking, which is in a locked parking area which is 5mins away.
Overall it was good & we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to reception unless you really like walking !
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Hello possum,
Thank you for your nice review!
Our facilities are indeed really big, and it can take a while to get used to it and know the shortest way to places. I hope that wasn't too much of a bother! The car park is actually supposed to be paid for by the day, by the way, seems like you just got lucky with that. We look forward to welcome you again some other time!
Best regards,
PLUS Berlin Team

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

Excellent location near to local team service and top night clubs. Only downside is the noise control but this is a hostel we had so.e really noisy English people next door but reception did speak to them regular....
Very friendly staff very helpful clean rooms shower is well good very powerful and spacious great stay would visit again!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
PLUSBerlinTeam, Inhaber at PLUS Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Hi,
thanks a lot for your review, we always try our best to have happy and satisfied guests!

Our reception staff is there 24/7 in order to solve any troubles, any time, and yes, the area where we are is really amazing!

thanks again and ahve a nice week end

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

This place is amazing!!! And it's great value for money. It has a really relaxed and friendly vibe to it.

It is in a really convenient location near to public transport and walking distance to supermarkets, public transport, restaurants and cafes.

The rooms are huge , the staff are friendly, the wifi is good and the bar is huge and the drink prices are excellent

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Hi,
thanks a lot for your nice review, it makes us super happy!
We always try to make our guests satisfied and it's really a great feedback to have this kind of review.

Thanks again and have a nice week end