“Great food and prices”

momotaro tavern
Ranked #19 of 9,466 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Description: American/Fusion Street Burgers, Third-wave Coffee, Drinks, selected Asian Classics. Restaurant|Café|Tavern
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Great Umami burger and beef salad. Really affordable prices. Genuine asian style food with good service.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Perhaps you are hungry or thirsty after a great day of touring with the folks from Fat Tire Bike Tours, conveniently located right next door? Look nor walk no further than 50 metres and have a great meal and cool libations at Momotaro Tavern. The burger was fantastic as were the Asian noodle dishes and salads we ordered. The food was served quickly, the beer was cold and the service - very convivial. If you're looking for 'fast' food and reasonable prices, then look no further. Bonus - they do have restrooms but you need to have purchased something to get a bathroom key.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Went here and ordered a burger and peanut chicken dish around 21:00. Also had beer and Moscow Mule with meal. Firstly, I had a view of the kitchen from the outside and noticed that the chef had white gloves on, which was an added bonus because I have strong fears of getting sick. However, upon closer review, I noticed on multiple occasions that he would touch raw meat (ground beef and something else) without ever changing his gloves. In short, I watched my burger get picked up (bun touched glove) before being served to me. This rubbed me the wrong way while eating it. Going forward chef, change out your gloves or don't wear gloves at all and wash your hands each time you're handling meat. Also, actually put some vodka in my Moscow Mule. I paid 7,5 euro for ginger beer.

5  Thank Spencer T
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Friendly staff serving up really great burgers quickly. If I lived in Berlin I would certainly visit regularly.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Great burgers, also ones not really traditional (Asian- style) really worth trying. For a place directly under the tower very nice prices, so if you are around, go there to grab a bite!