2 people are viewing this hotel
Official Hotel SiteUS$97
Hotels.comUS$103
travelup.comUS$123
1,738 results
All reviews small kitchenette excellent location kettle stylish cafes
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Everything was great except the shower head fixture, but when we mentioned it to the reception they immediately fixed it.
We really liked the fresh apples in the room every day and the save the bees initiative.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights. The rooms were very nice and ours included a small stove and sink. The breakfast was well-done and the staff welcoming and attentive. Stefanie, at the front desk, was especially helpful to us in getting directions and offering advice.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2017

I was only in the city for 2 days so I chose this hotel for it's location and rating. It is centrally located and modern and clean. However, upon arrival, they were having issues with programming the room keys. I was asked to wait in the small seating area in the entrance lobby with no estimate of when I can get in my room. I just flew in to Berlin on a redeye flight so I really just wanted to refresh and get settle in. After what seemed to be 20-30 minutes of waiting, I approached the desk again and the problem was not yet resolved. I then had to ask if a staff can get me in my room, only then they offered to accompany me and let me in. I eventually got my keys on my way out.
In addition, housekeeping knocked on my door but didn't wait to for me to get to the door to answer. She walked in while I was still naked in my bathroom! Even after this, she still wanted to check my fridge to see if I had taken something and I had to ask her to leave!
If not for these 2 items, I would've rated this hotel better. But I just can't get past the little details when it comes to service. That's what sets apart hotels from the others.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank DDP72NY
sebastian-oemer, Leiter Front Office at ARCOTEL John F Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to rate your stay with us. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and your feedback is extremely important to us. I am very sorry that we could not fully meet your expectations. I apologize and assure you that I will personally track the matter with my responsible team. I hope that you will nevertheless give us the opportunity to welcome you once again and to convince you of our service.
Best regards,
Christopher Hiller
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

What was almost a disaster turned into a wonderful incidence of customer service by front desk clerk Raimond. I booked thru a portal called CTrip but when I arrived at hotel, they informed me they had no rooms and had denied all CTrip bookings. CTrip never informed me but rather was advertising something not available! Raimond remembered a room that I could have (due to a different issue), and saved my day, as there were no rooms anywhere else!
Great room, good price but the restaurant was a terrible disappointment. A 20 minute soufflé took 65 minutes!!!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I stayed in this hotel earlier in June to attend a wedding hosted nearby. The location is very convenient for fist time visitors to Berlin and the hotel and amenities are nice, rooms big and comfortable.
However, after returning home to London, I realised I had forgotten an expensive bottle of cologne in my room and flagged this the same day to the hotel. They said they had no record of any items having been found by housekeeping. I asked for housekeeping to contact me but they never did. Friends who were still at the hotel also asked but were given the same answer. Given the cologne could only have been in my room it is clear that it was stolen by housekeeping and not reported. Therefore it is further clear that your personal belongings are not safe in this hotel so I would be very cautious staying there.

Date of stay: June 2017