“Did read the reviews before, this place overrated by far.”

Midtown Grill Berlin
Ranked #361 of 9,636 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Charlottenburg
Description: Experience the superior quality of a traditional American steak house with a modern design. Let our team set the stage and show you the true meaning of “Great steaks, chops and seafood”!
Reviewed 14 November 2017

We started by having starters, the Steak Tartare and Tuna Carpaccio. In both of the dishes the food were ice cold like straight out of the fridge and the taste were just ok. Then we both ordered steaks, they were soft but the tasted was bland and bit boring to say the least.The sides came in big portions and were ok and the service was just fine.
So the best steaks in town like someone says tn their revive, not true.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

To keep it simple, this restaurant is part of the Marriot Hotel. The breakfast buffet was amazing, it had all the necessary goodies to keep you happy and energized during the day. However, I will point out that I had lunch there too one day, I ordered a chopped salad with grilled chicken, the salad was AMAZING, but the chicken was undercooked inside. I pointed this out to the waitress, she immediately took my plate and brought me the same chicken a bit more cooked, the chicken was still undercooked. Prices here are not cheap, so I will expect to get the quality I pay for, unfortunately, this was not the case.

BerlinMarriott, Manager at Midtown Grill Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear Sonia V

As much as we liked reading your positive comments about the breakfast, it is of course even more disappointing for us to read about the lunch you had in our restaurant. The poor lunch experience you had with us, is inexcusable, yet I hope you can accept our apologies and give us another chance in the near future.

Best regards,

Veronica Wagner
Assistant Restaurant Manager

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

The place looks nice and at first, the service was as to be expected for this kind of restaurant. Unfortunately it didn't take long for the first impression to wear off. We've waited more than 20 minutes before anyone took our order and over an hour to be served. We all took medium meat and out of the three dishes, one was served raw and the other one well done. They also served one dish with a 300g piece all though we specified several time we wanted 200g. The waiter would not admit the cooking was off, which after an hour of waiting is just unacceptable. We got to talk to the manager (or head server) which was very nice and apologised for his waiters behaviour but the be honest the harm was done. Last bad surprise, even after several complains, apologies and a long wait, there was no commercial gesture on the bill what so ever which was overpriced for our experience. It's sad because the side dishes where very good and the meat is ok.

Dear Mart J

First of all I would like to thank you for the detailed review of your visit in our restaurant Midtown Grill Berlin.

I can fully understand your frustration as the points you mentioned, by no means, reflect the service which we want to give our guests. It is not acceptable to keep you waiting for an hour and then not admit that the dishes were not cooked to your liking. For this I would like to deeply apologize and truly hope that you might give us another chance to show you that we can do far better!

Best regards,

Veronica Wagner
Assistant Restaurant Manager

Reviewed 8 November 2017

We found this place together with my wife. We had salad, tuna tar tar, salad and to glasses of red wine. Total bill was for 80 eur. Food and service was on top and there not many people were there.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

We thought we could just walk in from Marriott and eat but.. it was full, so the next day we made a reservation and.. steaks were very good. The assorted desert plate was wonderful.