“Best vegan food ever”

AtayaCaffe
Ranked #1,098 of 9,630 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$2 - US$15
Neighbourhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Description: Vegan cafe tucked away in a side street. Senegalese and Sardianian influence in food and decor. Serves breakfast and business lunch every day and an Afro-Italian vegan brunch on weekends. Has a cozy living room style area plus a terrace.
Reviewed 28 May 2018

it is a perfect place for lunch,brunch or breakfastor even a simple cake and coffee-
we tried out almost all the menu because we went there almost every day during our stay in the city.
their hummus is the best i had in years,the plate is fresh, full of flavours and with hight quality products.
i went there with a group of friends for their Sunday brunch, i can say that its the best Vegan brunch i had during my vegan tour in europe.
wonderful people working there and very involved in veganism.

1  Thank mayminaliv

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Homemade, healthy food that tastes like it was made with love and pride! The food was nourishing, high-quality, tasty, and a generous portion for the price. Lovely, small outdoor seating area with some plants on a quiet street. The interior feels like a big living room: airy, light-filled, and decorated with homemade items. Really friendly, non-pretentious, warm service with all the right details. I went twice in one week.

1  Thank Maria_C_Reviewer
Reviewed 21 May 2018

One restaurant which had shown up consistently in my pre-holiday research was Ataya Caffé, near Prenzlauer Allee Station. I had emailed them in advance to ask if they had a menu available in English, they replied very promptly to say that they didn’t have one as they have a series of rotating specials. They also told me that they serve African Italian fusion which is a combination I had yet to come across, I was intrigued from the start.

We arrived at lunchtime to find that they run a Sunday brunch buffet with an incredible selection of all-vegan awesomeness. Fresh Italian breads sit alongside warming stews of every variety, a biryani, cous-cous, pasta salad, two varieties of hummus, dal, curries, bruschetta, salads, huge chunks of watermelon and even gooey chocolate and banana brownies. The sight of it alone was enough to make me consider moving to Berlin! As an added bonus, it’s served at the very reasonable price of €14 per person. There is also an impressive selection of drinks, fresh smoothies and desserts to choose from if you have space.

We loaded up our plates and sat down. Every single mouthful was utterly delicious. Nothing was mediocre or adequate. We couldn’t believe how good this place was! According to the HappyCow league table, this is the third best vegan restaurant in the world. Having dined there myself, I can say the accolade is well deserved.

This restaurant is run by a husband and wife team who love what they do and are absolutely brilliant at it. I spoke with the owners for a little while and asked if they would consider opening a restaurant in London. If it happens one day, you heard it here first!

I cannot overstate this enough. If you can only visit one vegan restaurant in Berlin – make it Ataya Caffé. Note that it is closed on Mondays and is a cash only venue.

1  Thank M J
Reviewed 10 May 2018

I was looking of a vegan cafe for a coffee and some cake! And found this adorable place tucked away on a beutiful tree lined street in Prenzlauerberg! I had a very warm welcome and freindly chat with a very nice gentlemen who was very ameniable and accomatating! I sat outside with a big portion of vegan chocolate cake and coffee, very relaxed and would highly recomend

Reviewed 24 April 2018

Flavorful food- big portions!, Atmosphere - Great music!, Outside seating with lovely garden!
This restaurant truly captures what vegan should be like. No fuss, No frills...just love in everything they do. Great atmosphere, relaxed seating, and cool music! Best of all is that it's family owned! They open their hearts and their kitchen to all that come. It's really a wonderful place to spend time either for incredible coffee or the fantastic Sunday brunch. You really can't go wrong.
The FLAVORS!!! Most vegan places, unfortunately, are lackluster at best when it come to flavor. I'm happy to report that is definitely NOT the case here! The owners are from Italy and African, both places with incredible culinary histories! What a combo!!! If you have one choice...ATAYACAFFE!!!

1  Thank Joshua S