“Good food and atmosphere”
Review of Hans Im Gluck

Hans Im Gluck
Ranked #31 of 459 Restaurants in Regensburg
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Reviewed 11 November 2017

The atmosphere is different than the usual restaurant in the city, its modern and nature inspired. The burger was good but I was a little disappointed because I had heard such great things about it and it wasn't as good as I expected. I liked the fries a lot!

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

This time my favorite burger place has disappointed me, first I was ignored by 3 different waiters till one of them felt like asking me what my order was after standing there for 15 mins, I made my order and then had to wait for another 30 mins... by the time I got my order, the fries were cold. for some reason the burgers had too much fat in them and the sauce was also with no taste I seriously encourage the administration of the place to have a professional manager to oversee the work of the young waiters!

1  Thank Cholestas
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

I'm from the US and I know burgers. I know great burgers but this was so far beyond anything I have ever tasted (burger-wise). Everything about Hans Im Gluck is creative and excellent. The menus look like children's story books, the interior of the restaurant was visually extraordinarily interesting, and the burgers were the best I've ever had -- Broiled pear, walnuts and Gorgonzola cheese on my burger. I mean, who thinks of that combination?? They had chicken burgers, vegetarian and vegan burgers that sounded equally delicious and creative. Almost worth a trip back to Germany to visit again.

1  Thank Stephen S
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

On a stop in Regensburg in between our ship dock and Prague, we stumbled on Hans Im Gluck burger bar. The menu looked fantastic and they had plenty of outdoor shaded seating, so we decided to try it.

The menus were charming...a story book about a boy that exchanges his valuable possessions for less precious ones on his journey...ultimately discovering that you do not need possessions to be happy....so the story is inspiring you to enjoy a bit of bliss during the consumption of your meal. The menu has all sorts of combinations to satisfy almost every diner. Easy for a gluten free person to eat here too as they customize bread versus no bread and any other combinations you would like during your meal. And they had vegetarian and vegan choices as well! I had the burger with goat cheese, fig jam, and bacon. Hubs had the burger with the goat's cheese and spicy pepper sauce on sourdough. I got sweet potato fries, he got regular fries, though we could have opted for a salad. We each got the lunch special which was the burger, one side, soft drink or small beer, and a hot beverage at the end. We passed on the hot beverage, but felt that with everything, it was a good deal....more than McDonalds, but certainly of much better quality.

Unfortunately time was of the essence while we were in Regensburg and we needed to leave a bit early...so the staff was more than accommodating to get my fries wrapped up to go so that we could make our next bus. Friendly service and a gourmet burger a gluten free gal doesn't have to worry about eating...Now that is a good day!

1  Thank Carrie G
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

4 of us had 3 burgers (chicken & beef) & 1 salad. 3 cocktails. No desserts

Positives
Good eager service
Limited menu of good food
Seems to have an outdoor area

Negatives
None provided you are happy with the limited menu