“Lovely place, wonderful german food!”

Regensburger Weissbrauhaus
Ranked #9 of 461 Restaurants in Regensburg
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: German
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Regensburger Wheat-brewery was founded in 1620 as a municipal enterprise. At present this brewing tradition, in accordance with the Bavarian Reinheitsgebot, the purity requirement, is being continued successfully by the family Deutsch, a line of publicans and butchers. Using a house-own recipe and directly in front of the customers, light and dark wheat beer as well as bottom-fermented beer are being brewed.
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Steps away from old old town we found this bräuhaus which offers delicious german food and exquisite beer. Is very beautiful decorated and is a very cozy place.
We enjoyed a lot our visit and loved the food!

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Very nice place, warm atmosphere. Recommended restaurant on internet. But unfortunately we had the inconvenience to taste meat not so fresh... warm atmosphere. Recommended restaurant on internet. But unfortunately we had the inconvenience to taste meat not so fresh... staff was very nice and offerred us coffee and lots of apologies, but our judgement could not be worst.

Reviewed 25 August 2018

The first Weissbier was a cool dunkel (dark beer, nice) but then the waitress came back out to my table to say "Ich muss kassiere" (i.e. cash up for the evening). I said OK I'd pay up promptly but I'd also like to try the lighter-coloured ("helles") version before I left. This was only eleven o'clock in the evening. She assented but then was gone a suspiciously long time before she came back with the second beer. I paid and tipped her before I sipped it. It was warm and tasted soapy. I looked at the receipt. "Alt. Bayr." was completely different from the first drink. I left it there, imagining the mentality behind the counter, inside. 'Ah, the taps are off. Just throw the tourist the last bottle from the shelf.'

1  Thank johnflynn64
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

We had old bavarian dark beer and it was awesome. Never had such a great dark beer. Place has a bavarian feeling.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

When we entered on a warm Thursday afternoon, it wasn't busy and were quickly seated. The decor inside is pleasant and interesting.
The beers here are fantastic - at least the two we tried were!
The dishes we had were also great.
The orange lemonade tasted like Fanta Orange so it was a bit disappointing.
They have a selection of memoribilia for sale, and so a bought a small beer mug as well.
We were able to pay with an EC card.
This place is well worth a visit.