“Excellent Food Awesome Experience”
Review of Hofbraeuhaus

Hofbraeuhaus
Ranked #225 of 4,022 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

While the food is great, you're really paying for the atmosphere. Between the family style seating, umpa music, and servers in traditional German outfits, it's a very unique experience. I would say our server wasn't the most friendly, but the food was out in a timely fashion and tasted great. I'd definitely recommend at least once.

Write a ReviewReviews (17,567)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

As touristy as you could ever get, but a must do if you’re in town and you want the Octoberfest experience.

1  Thank Edwin B
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Had an opportunity during a recent business trip to stop in and experience the famous Hofbraeuhaus. The atmosphere is incredible although the service for our table was pretty slack with us having to go and talk to the waiter several times to get beers. The band started as we were leaving which added another dimension and well worth seeing. Great atmosphere and beer!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

My brother recommended to visit this place as one of the “musts” by visiting Munich. Well after long walking through english garden territory we finally got to this old place. In my opinion the majority of visitors are being here for the first time driven by recommendations of their friends and relatives as we were. The staff is friendly. In the 2nd floor you will find a museum of german beer. The food is ok and a bit overpriced. The beer is as good as at any other place in Germany. the menu is available in foreign languages.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I can't say I'm an expert on Germany. I can say, of all the places I ate, this was one of the best. It seemed to be authentic as could be. A lot of locals and tourists. Great food and atmosphere. Loved it.