See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 March 2016 via mobile

The hotel is very good, very clean, almost new, and suitable for 1, 2 nights. Close to the park. The personnel send us to the room forgetting to program the key, that was a shock for me.
The greatest surprise was when I went with my son to the restaurant of the hotel, close to closing time at lunch, and they refused to serve us. Even for the room. Apparently they have lots of customers.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2015

I was in this hotel for a team event.
the hotel is very very nice and its restaurant is very good.
Typical Bavarian food with good local beer.
the service in the hotel and restaurant were excellent.
rooms are spacious with all facilities needed.
wifi was good and stable.
parking is available.
breakfast was one of the amazing i have seen in recent years with a great options and course including fresh fruits.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2015

I stayed for two nights in September. Oktoberfest was on and I was traveling for business. Most of the good standard hotels were full or ridiculously priced, so I was pleased to find vacancies at the Freisinger Hof.

The location is quite a distance from the city centre (a 30 minute tram ride), located in a quite suburban street. Being near the English Garden is nice, but for business I found it was a bit too far from where I needed to be.

The staff seemed quite friendly on arrival, and the whole place buys into the Bavarian heritage. My first impression of the room was that it was a bit of a let down for a hotel of this standard. It had everything I needed, but felt a bit drab. To be fair, the bathroom was good (with a good shower), tv and wifi worked, and there were fruit and chocolates in the room. Maybe it just needs a touch of decoration to make it a bit more inviting.

Breakfast in the adjoining restaurant was a pleasure, with plenty of choice from the buffet.

Overall it is a fairly good hotel, but for some reason I just didn't fall for its charms.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank The_Bogtrotter
Reviewed 12 August 2015

We stayed here for a conference and initally thought - in evenings, we'll miss all that Munich has to offer; how wrong we were ! Whether on business or pleasure one would be hard pressed to find a more 'European' experience. We had a junior suite that was smaller by US stds, but offered us enough room, with a very comfortable bed and whisper clean bathroom. The Nespresso coffee machine and a delivery of fresh fruit daily was a really nice touch. But what makes this place so memorable were the people, the location (next to the Englischer Garden with the Hotel offering free bike rentals) and quite comfort. We rented bikes and on one leasurely ride were down in Central Munich in 1 hour. And this was after a stop for lunch/beer at Hirschau (highly recommended.) And having traveled through a lot of Eurpe, the breakfast in simply something to behold. The offerings of individual items in a very warm, welcoming dinning area had to number 100+ - simply a remarkable effort by a very professional, knowledgeable staff. In summary - stay here. Yes you will get to experience the S Bahn and the Rail/Trolley to get out there, but you will not regret it.

Stayed: July 2015
1  Thank Greg574Vino
Reviewed 28 July 2015

Our first night of a two week vacation was spent here. Easy drive from the airport, parking available. Close to tram to go into downtown Munich. Spacious rooms, friendly staff and a breakfast to die for. Will stay there again on next visit to Munich.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family