“Lovely traditional Bavarian hotel with a personal feel”

Freisinger Hof Hotel
Ranked #153 of 390 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 19 June 2016

I've just returned from a 3 night stay in this hotel where I was staying during a business trip. It was very different from the hotels I normally stay in for work as it had a really personal feel to it and the extra touches made it special. My room on the 1st floor was roomy and extremely clean but also comfortable. There were dressing-gowns laid out on the bed, a bowl of fresh fruit and chocolates on the pillows. The bathroom was well equipped with a shower and bath, including toiletries and (I was relieved to see) a hairdryer. Even better it wasn't one of those annoying hairdryers where you have to keep the button depressed continually - saving much finger ache! The staff dress in traditional Dirndls and the whole hotel is lovingly furnished so as to be quaint but not twee. The breakfast in the morning was fantastic with a huge choice ranging from breads, cheeses and salamis to yoghurts, cereals, eggs, crispy bacon and sausages. I ate in the adjacent restaurant for two nights and the food was very good - my only slight criticism is that there wasn't a huge choice of smaller main courses - but that is being picky.
Although the hotel may seem to be out of the city centre it's an easy 20 -25 minutes trip by bus to Marienplatz (the main square in Munich).
I really would recommend this hotel to people planning a trip either for business or pleasure. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I would choose a room in the hotel rather than above the restaurant if given the choice
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 March 2016 via mobile

The hotel is very good, very clean, almost new, and suitable for 1, 2 nights. Close to the park. The personnel send us to the room forgetting to program the key, that was a shock for me.
The greatest surprise was when I went with my son to the restaurant of the hotel, close to closing time at lunch, and they refused to serve us. Even for the room. Apparently they have lots of customers.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2015

I was in this hotel for a team event.
the hotel is very very nice and its restaurant is very good.
Typical Bavarian food with good local beer.
the service in the hotel and restaurant were excellent.
rooms are spacious with all facilities needed.
wifi was good and stable.
parking is available.
breakfast was one of the amazing i have seen in recent years with a great options and course including fresh fruits.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2015

I stayed for two nights in September. Oktoberfest was on and I was traveling for business. Most of the good standard hotels were full or ridiculously priced, so I was pleased to find vacancies at the Freisinger Hof.

The location is quite a distance from the city centre (a 30 minute tram ride), located in a quite suburban street. Being near the English Garden is nice, but for business I found it was a bit too far from where I needed to be.

The staff seemed quite friendly on arrival, and the whole place buys into the Bavarian heritage. My first impression of the room was that it was a bit of a let down for a hotel of this standard. It had everything I needed, but felt a bit drab. To be fair, the bathroom was good (with a good shower), tv and wifi worked, and there were fruit and chocolates in the room. Maybe it just needs a touch of decoration to make it a bit more inviting.

Breakfast in the adjoining restaurant was a pleasure, with plenty of choice from the buffet.

Overall it is a fairly good hotel, but for some reason I just didn't fall for its charms.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2015

We stayed here for a conference and initally thought - in evenings, we'll miss all that Munich has to offer; how wrong we were ! Whether on business or pleasure one would be hard pressed to find a more 'European' experience. We had a junior suite that was smaller by US stds, but offered us enough room, with a very comfortable bed and whisper clean bathroom. The Nespresso coffee machine and a delivery of fresh fruit daily was a really nice touch. But what makes this place so memorable were the people, the location (next to the Englischer Garden with the Hotel offering free bike rentals) and quite comfort. We rented bikes and on one leasurely ride were down in Central Munich in 1 hour. And this was after a stop for lunch/beer at Hirschau (highly recommended.) And having traveled through a lot of Eurpe, the breakfast in simply something to behold. The offerings of individual items in a very warm, welcoming dinning area had to number 100+ - simply a remarkable effort by a very professional, knowledgeable staff. In summary - stay here. Yes you will get to experience the S Bahn and the Rail/Trolley to get out there, but you will not regret it.

Stayed: July 2015