“Just, you know, average (but not O.M.G. GREAT)”

NH Muenchen Deutscher Kaiser
Ranked #81 of 385 Hotels in Munich
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I think I've said it before - I think I just expect too much for anything over 3 stars. There's nothing terribly BAD about this hotel - but then again - there's nothing terribly GOOD. Beds are OK (but not I DO NOT DESERVE TO SLEEP IN A BED LIKE THIS kinda bed), hotel is clean (but more like "I am in an apartment building" vs. I am on HOL-I-DAY), bar is a bar (but not like Ahhh - I here is where I can get fancy drinks and snacks!) . . . it's just kind of . . . average.

Just so this isn't all middle ground - here's what I found to be the best and the worst of NH.

BEST! Breakfast. Great breakfast with plenty of sweet vs. salty food and (most importantly) an entire pot of coffee all for you.

WORST! The Elevator. Very slow, very small - and a hotel that is many many floors. If you're wanting to go anywhere fast (like, say, the super tasty brakfast), plan ahead.

You can for sure do better than this hotel . . . and you can for sure do worse.

Terribly helpful, I know.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank lianak

Reviewed 30 May 2012

I visited the hotel over the bank holiday weekend in May - I had specifically booked this hotel due to the location. The pictures on the internet do not reflect the size of the rooms, it was small but adequate for the short break. It was clean (with the exception of the black forrest gateau left in the mini bar by the previous guest!) and the bathroom a good size, the safe in the room wasnt working though. The Reception staff were helpful enough. The downside was the two early morning knocks at the door on our last day. It seemed to be a window cleaner looking to enter, it was only 7:30 & 8:00am !!!!!!!! This is unacceptable and was raised with the Receptionist who neither agreed nor disagreed, just shrugged it off. There are a vast number of 3*/4* hotels in this area and I think for our next visit to Munich, we will try somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Murdo1971
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We were expecting a true 4 star hotel at German quality but I was quite disappointed from the entrance and the elevators where we had to wait for something loke 10 mins to get up to our rooms.
The laminated floors in the rooms are not what I expect in a 4 * hotel.
Breakfast was quite thin for us, vegetarians.
Rooms are small for 4* standards anyhow.
Quitenold building which, in my view needs a serious refurbishment.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank andreas02
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We stayed at NH Muenchen Deutscher Kaiser Hotel end of April 2012. The location is perfect !!!! Everything is within walking distance. We stayed 4 days and we did not us the tube station even once. Hop on Hop off is right across the hotel as well as the central station. The bus from Memmingen Airport stops also right across the hotel. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was very good and the personell was very polied and helpful. Especially the man who worked in the bar (don't know his name) was very helpfull and friendly. I find nothing negative to write for this hotel and if I visit Munich again I will definately stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank POLINA2006
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This was our first visit to Munich and made the right choice of Hotel with NH Muenchen Deutscher Kaiser. This Hotel is excellent value, well positioned, comfortable rooms and the staff were friendly and most helpful. Located across the street from the main railway station, it is easy to access via Lufthansa bus and train from Munich International Airport (MUC). Our seamless 2 day stay began with our arrival. We were allowed early check in at 9:30. Nothing is more welcoming after an all night flight! For the little bit extra, we urge guests to invest in a superior room. Superior rooms have the best views, are more spacious and include complimentary mini bar and wireless internet. The view from the 13th floor (14 floors in the hotel) was superb with million dollar panoramic views south across the city and toward the Alps. The Hotel is within easy walking distance of many attractions, excellent restaurants and shopping. The front desk and bar staff were very courteous and helpful. Location, excellent staff, good value, and comfortable rooms. We made a very good choice for our first stay in Munich.

Room Tip: Spend the little bit extra to buy a superior room.