“Champions!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The 4You Hostel & Hotel Munchen
Perth, Australia
“Champions!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

We arrived on Friday night before the Champions League Final. There was an air of excitement in the lobby as other fans - of both teams - were checking in. Everything was efficiently dealt with and we were shown the car par around the corner. Our 8 person room turned out to be missing 4 other people so the 4 of us had plenty of room. Although our fantastic Friday night "party" in Munich probably meant we could have slept on a washing line, the beds were comfortable and clean. Shower and toilets were also more than acceptable, boarding school meets student digs!
Breakfast was plentiful and just what we needed. Saturday was identical to Friday, with more beer, a winning game and an even later night/morning. Again everything was fine.
I'd mention the friendliness of all the staff, the excellent location and all made even more enjoyable by Chelsea winning. Top spot, many thanks.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

The location was good, since it is only a few blocks from the train station, however it was a walk to the center of town. I was in a large, mixed room, so it wasn't ideal, but everyone was nice and it was extremely quiet. They have cages under the bed where you can store your suitcase. The free breakfast was an added bonus, especially when I had to get up early for my flight home. The bar downstairs was very cool, as well. While I would not recommend this hostel, I wouldn't dissuade anyone from staying there. It was fine for three days, and it did not distract me from a great time in Munich.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

This is an awesome place. And Alex at the bar down is a great guy! ... He'll help you out with how to get around Munich and save you a bundle of cash with his tips for travel. Great guy at a great place!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank JD_German
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Stayed in an 8 bed mixed dorm based in how cheap it was - roughly $17 AUD per night. It was definitely not the best hostel I've stayed at, but for such a price you can't really complain too much.

Rooms were not too cramped or overly spacious, organized with bunk beds and cages under the bed to lock your belongings in. Each bed had its own lamp however it seemed that there was only one powerpoint in the entire room.

Toilets were mostly clean, showers were fairly small but decent water pressure. Towels not provided, but I think you can hire one from reception.

Breakfast was included, it included mainly very processed cold cuts, pâté and bread, hard boiled eggs, or yogurts and cereals. Not bad for what you pay.

I had a lot of trouble using my iPad with the wifi, constantly disconnecting but it seemed people with laptops didn't have as much trouble as I did.

The main thing was that I felt the staff at this hostel were not particularly friendly or helpful, as I have experienced at most other hotels. Sometimes it even seemed as though they were being deliberately unhelpful - we asked for coins to use the washing machines, and they gave us change for our notes but the machine needs exact change! I would have expected the staff to know that the machine needs exact change and to give us what we needed accordingly.

Location wise, it was pretty good. Only about a 5 minute walk from the central station (hauptbahnhoff), although from the city centre (Marianplatz) it was a bit further, about a 20 minute walk, or you could take a tram/the metro if you were lazy.

Overall, decent cheap stay in Munich in a pretty good location if you want choose to travel by train.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bobbiee26
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I couldn't have asked for a better place to spend a girls night in Munich! After having my flight delayed, itinerary rerouted, and 3 planes missed they made sure my party knew where I was and when my new eta was. I couldn't have asked for better assistance!

The room was suitable and clean. Nothing fancy. We were in a 3 person private so the bathroom was clean and we had everything that we needed. The staff was even flexible in our check-out time because of my precarious situation and they also let one of us extend our stay.

The actual dormitory area was clean and the bathrooms were well kept-- this is where our individual moved for her last night. No complaints!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends