“Kindness and taste”

Ranked #102 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Treviso, Italy
“Kindness and taste”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Clean, everything was working properly. The receptionist, bartenders and waitress always interact with a smile. Excellent restaurant compared to more famous and often disappointing ones. All this makes You almost forget that You are located quite far from the heart of the business.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Alessandro C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Trento, Italy
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed here one night in February 2012. My room was on the "back" of the hotel, and I noticed no street noise. The double door separating the room from the hall seemed to make a big difference to the noise level in the room. Unfortunately, the insulation to the room above me was not very good, and I heard people moving around quite a lot in the evening.
I did not use the Internet, but a colleague did, and had no problems.
We drove up from Italy, and the roads to arrive from the south were easy to travel. We also found free parking on the street behind the hotel. I don't know if the parking lot of the hotel charges a fee or not, since we decided not to move the car.
The subway was a short walk away, making it easy to get in and out of Munich.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank americanInItaly73
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I booked this Ibis because the nearby Renaissance had closed (as a Pullman it's also an Accor hotel now) and this was very close for project work I had in Munich. The location is good as reviewers mentioned before - if you don't mind taking the subway to go to places. The prices are very good for Munich standards.

The rooms are ok in size and quite nice for Ibis standards; I particularly liked the wooden floor and the fact that it didn't have one of those horrible plastic mini-cells as bathroom that you find in some other Ibis hotels.

The problem was that the room was not really clean when I arrived (the bathroom looked like it hadn't seen a vacuum cleaner in quite a while) and when coming back from work on the second day the room was not made at all-that should not happen, isn't anyone controlling housekeeping work? After complaining the room was cleaned, but obviously it was a quick fix, I actually think someone of the front desk staff did it.

As I had to wait for the cleaning anyway, I went to the on site restaurant for dinner, but unfortunately I had to wait a very long time until I got noticed by service staff there (the room was already done by then!), after that it was ok in quality of food and service.

Also I left with mixed feelings about front desk staff, most were very nice and friendly, but one lady was quite cool and I still don't understand why she made me wait for her colleague to come back to have my baggage stored instead of doing it herself.
I am not going back there as the Suite Novotel Parkstadt Schwabing is a much better choice altough it's a bit further away and a little more expensive.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ooookch
York
Reviewed 31 December 2011

I was working at a company near to the Ibis, and the hotel was one of several in the area that were recommended. The Ibis was by far the best priced, and having stayed at several Ibis's previously, I went for it.

I arrived very late (after midnight) from the city centre after meeting friends for dinner. It took about 15-20 minutes on the train from the city centre, and after the usual disorientation that I always get after leaving the S- or U-bahn in a large German city, I was at the hotel and checking in. The staff were friendly and welcoming, and I was soon in my room.

The room was typical Ibis, very clean and basic, but with only a little charm. However, I liked the layout: good desk space and a spacious bathroom. The bed was firm and comfortable. I liked that there was an inner door to the sleeping area of the room as well as an outer door; the hotel was busy and this blocked out lots of hall noise. I had a good and undisturbed sleep.

Breakfast the next morning was included in my room rate -- there was a reasonable amount of choice and some decent coffee.

Checkout was painless.

Overall, it was absolutely fine for a one-night's stay on business. The room was perfectly adequate and comfortable. If I was staying longer than I night I might wish for a few more amenities (a refrigerator, perhaps), but given the very reasonable price and the decent breakfast, I certainly can't complain. For future business in the area, I'd definitely stay here.

On my return journey, I took the Lufthansa airport bus, which (as other reviewers have mentioned) stops right across the road. Well worth it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business