US$255
US$199
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$225/night.

US$294
  • Breakfast included
US$160
US$142
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$166/night.

US$205
US$188
  • Restaurant
Novotel Munich Airport(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$164
Novotel
US$174
US$142
Priceline
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$163/night.

US$318
US$267
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$323/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$728
US$504
  • Pool
All reviewsthe main train stationstreet noisesingle roomfree wifired light districthotel is locatedstreet sideroom faced the streetno air conditioningtop floorminute walkcold meatsbreakfast buffetmunich hbfyogurts bahnschillerstrasse
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

I have been to Hotel Royal a few times because it is an affordable and fairly comfortable hotel, especially for a short stay. That said, it is in a seedy location surrounded by adult clubs. Definitely not for families with young impressionable children.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ayaa1977
TeamHotelRoyal, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Dear Sir / Madam,

thank you very much for having stayed with us a few times.
We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our services and quality.
You are right to say that we are located in a typical central station neighbourhood, which we cannot influence unfortunately. However, we always try to do our very best making our guests stay a pleasant one.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Rooms are basic but clean. The 9€ breakfast was superb. Fresh yogurts, fruits, cakes, cereals, hot meats, cold meats, olives, coffee, pastries... reception staff were funny and helpful and let us leave our bags all day. Recommended!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
TeamHotelRoyal, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Dear West A.
thank a lot for having stayed with us and finding the time to give us this kind feedback.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in Munich and you liked our breakfast. Quality and costumer satisfaction are very important for us so we are glad to hear that you were satisfied with our service.

All the best.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Close to the main train station in Munich, the Hotel Royal's single room was expertly designed and comfortable without breaking the budget. The flat-screened TV had many channels and was on a swivel just a bit above the foot of the bed, so that one could move to the comfortable chair over by the window and swivel the TV to see it well.

I was pleased to have plenty of storage, a desk, free wi-fi that the desk gave me the password to, upon check-in. Soap dispensers were at the sink and in the shower. The rooms seem to have been recently refurbished. I heard no sound from adjoining rooms.

The only drawback is the noise outside on the Schillerstrasse, especially on weekend evenings and late into the night. It is very helpful that the room is soundproofed, though some noise gets through the closed window. When I opened the window for some cool air, in came a cacophany of sound and music. The good thing is that one has only to walk a block and a half through this neighborhood.

I did not partake of breakfast, as it is separate from the room cost. Overall, I would stay here again for its excellent room design, price, location close to the Bahnhof, and roominess for a single. I would say the neighborhood is OK if you use common sense.

Room Tip: A room facing away from the Schillerstrasse would be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
TeamHotelRoyal, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Dear Sir / Madam,

thanks for your very kind feedback.
It is nice to hear that you were satisfied with the interior of our rooms and the service we offer in our hotel.
Yes, due to our location close to the trainstation you are right to say that we have a typical neighbourhood which we cannot influence but we always try to do our very best making our guests stay a very pleasant one.
Please note that we also have quiet comfort-rooms that are facing the courtyard, for only a little extra charge.

We would be glad being able to welcome you in future again and wish you all the best.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Spent 4 nights here and it was the worst hotel I stayed in during my 12 day vacation to Germany and Austria. There is no a/c so you have to open the window to get some fresh air, but the noise outside is terrible...so do you swelter or have quiet? The street that it's on is questionable and I wouldn't venture out at night by myself if I was a young woman. The roooms are small, the staff at the front desk were rude, breakfast is NOT included, and I didn't have hot water one morning for a shower.
It is close to the train station and buses. It is also close to a lot of shops and shopping (about 3-4 blocks away). But there are drunks, panhandlers, questionable others that make you walk quickly to the hotel to feel safe.
I'm sure there are other hotels in the area that are better. For me, I will search for them the next time I come to Munich.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Dear Jennifer,
thanks for your review.
We apologize for the problems you might have had during your stay.
You are right to say that we do not have any air-condition but in the summermonths all of our rooms are prepared with a big fan in order to make our guests stay more comfortable. Please note that you have booked a standard-room which is always facing the streetside. As we are located in the heart of Munich it might happen sometimes that it gets louder on the street which we cannot influence but we would like to inform you that we also have quiet comfort-rooms facing the courtyard for only a little extra charge.
We wish you all the best and hope being able to welcome you in future again.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

This place was perfect! Right next to the Main Train Station. The rooms were neat and clean, the breakfast was amazing, staff were helpful. I would definitely stay here again. The area it's in is a little seedy, but safe. I highly recommend! Hint: ask for a quiet room. It costs a few euros more but is well worth it!

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank Ray J

Dear Ray
thank you very much for your kind feedback and for having stayed with us.
We are looking forward to welcome you in future again.
Take care