“Great Spanish food and great atmosphere”

El Perro y El Griego
Ranked #1,778 of 4,165 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 December 2015

Booked this using the quandoo website, last minute on a Friday, but got a table and had a great meal. Had the Tapas special for 2, generous would be an understatement !

Reviewed 25 November 2015

Excellent atmosphere, excellent service, excellent food.
Tapas, paella and many other Spanish dishes.
Excellent place to go with friends.
Good music.

Reviewed 11 September 2015

I have been to this place often, but today was the last time.

I ordered grilled Calamari with potatoes and Salad. What I got was a bit of salad, 3 baby calamari (2-3cm long, 1,5 cm wide) and 4 of the little feet pieces - about 1,5 cm big. Then I had 4 pieces of potato, about 3x3 cm and 1,5 cm high. But I paid 15,90 Euros and it was more of a starter than a main. When I complained that the portion was very tiny, the answer I got, was that the portion is always like this. Well, it was tasty, but just too small and it will be a different place next time I go out for dinner.

Don't get me wrong - I don't need a plate with a Schnitzel that hangs over at the sides, but I would like to leave the restaurant with the feeling that I had good value for my money.

Reviewed 5 September 2015

We ate here our first night in Munich as tired from our 10 hour flight and time change and wanted something close to our hotel that was simple and good. It was packed outside when we got there so we went to the bar and had a glass of wine. As much of the pre-made tapas was at the bar, we were able to view who was selecting what and then were able to ask about each special dish.

Within about 15 minutes we got seated outside and were able to start ordering. Really good dishes of vegetables and other great fresh food that along with some wine and bread...some meat dishes...were just right.

Don't get me wrong though, we found nothing in the way of tapas restaurants in Germany that were like being in Barcelona or Madrid with there 50 varieties of fish, meat, hot and cold tapas.

Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

I don't know what happened to my cozy tapas location but I experienced last time really poor service. The food is still very good but the service staff was stressed out from the very beginning. No smile - no thank you . You could feel they don't focus on their guests, they just focus on their turnover . The guests next to us were asked by the waitress to switch tables for a larger group - in the middle of their dinner . Very unprofessional !
It's sad to say but there are better places to enjoy tapas. Maybe they had only a bad day but honestly I was totally disappointed.