All reviews ticket office neuschwanstein castle no elevator romantic room top floor outdoor restaurant alpine hotel balcony door the main street hotel restaurant the bus lovely hotel great view nice balcony purchase tickets next morning spent one night here
Reviewed 13 October 2015

Room number 2 is tiny for a couple with two normal size check-in luggage, the toilet smells bad had to leave the toilet door and the window open to reduce the smell everytime we go out, price is too much, if you can find cheaper than this I would recommend to go for it. I love the free breakfast and the service, we had to catch the morning bus about 7ish but the breakfast starts at 730 so they pre-packed everything for us sandwich, juice drinks and fruits. Location is near the castle ticket-centre, but the room we booked includes the castle ticket and I would recommend to do it because the queue gets busy as early as 8 in the morning. And it's 50 meters away from the main bus stop going to the castle. BTW room number 2 has a castle view

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Drew D
Reviewed 7 October 2015

Very reasonably priced. The aroma of great food greeted us as we checked in. A porter carried our bags up three flights and tried to refuse a tip. Room was beautiful and the castle was framed nicely in the balcony door. This was our favorite stop, plus they can speak English if you need it. Would stay here again in a heart beat. Ask for a romantisch zimmer. You won't regret it.

Room tip: Room with a view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank efsmithassoc
Reviewed 2 October 2015

It's located right next to the ticket station to the castles, but you may not immediately see it because you have to enter it through a restaurant.

The room is very clean, but you have to carry your luggage upstairs. It's all inclusive, the restaurant is downstairs; you can even make a booking to the castle at the reception for the next day. The benefit of booking is that the queue is shorter at the ticket centre.

The price for one night is a bit staggering. Do compare it against hotels in Fussen nearby, if you have time. I'm not sure whether the hotel is expensive or the whole AREA is.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2015 via mobile

A warm welcome with good info. They immediately booked tickets to the castles.
Room is very basic, small but clean. No airco. Nice balcony w chairs looking over the mainstreet. Breakfast very basic. But lunch and dinner is very good and good prices. Best of all is the location of this hotel. Step outside and u can see Neuschwanstein up the hill. In the center at the mainstreet with shops n cafes. Very close to the busses, horses towards the castle. Few minutes walk to the fantastic lake with magical view. Rent a boat!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

Lovely hotel, very clean and tidy. The room wasn't big but with a little balcony. We have no problem carrying bags to second floor. However, the receptionist certainly wasn't well trained. I was waiting in a queue and try to ask her about parking and local post office. literally I was standing in front of her and she ignored me and talking straightly to the people behind me. I have to say "excuse me" to get her attention. Obviously I didn't have problem to wait for 10mins when you were serving the people in front of me but please you shouldn't ignore me while it is my turn. We also had dinner at the restaurant, it was so salty I can't even finish my pasta. But I have to say the lovely waitress we had was helpful and recommended us the right wine. Also I need to mentions about carpark, you are required to remove your car before 10am. There is a local car park crossed road for 6euro.
Overall it is a touristy hot spot, don't expect great hospitality from people.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple