“Good service and good food”
Review of wolpertinger

wolpertinger
Cuisines: German, International
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

The “English” menu was a little challenging to read in some spots but I really appreciated the effort. The food portions were ENORMOUS! The food was good and the prices were reasonable.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

This is the best service and food combo I've ever had. The owner will probably be your server. She will see through your bad attempt at speaking German and guide you with the English language. I ate there twice and wish I'd had time for more. Whatever you choose get a salad with it.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

A well maintained restaurant with a wide variety of eats, pre cooked. The portions were very generous, prices were very reasonable and the taste was outstanding.

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

We have a well behaved 4 1/2 year old daughter. However, sometimes the wait for dinner gets a bit long and she starts to get bored. This restaurant is outstanding. The food is very, very good. (I had the käseSpätzl and my husband had one of the specials — 3 Schnitzel, which he loved) I was happy to find a lighter meal that still was tasty. Read other reviews for details about the food (get the cheese soup, it is exceptional and the beer batter fried apples were very tasty!) Moving on... what made us come back a Second Time in 2 days is the warm welcome we were given on our first visit and the little details for my daughter (coloring books, colored pencils, kids cup, varied kids menus — chicken fingers, hamburgers, bratwurst, fish sticks and smaller plates of more regional/traditional foods.). There are a few other nice touches as well. The owner clearly takes pride in his establishment and ensures that his guests (including the little ones) are happy. His waitstaff (3 lovely ladies helped serve/clear the table on each day) are incredibly nice, attentive and truly went out of their way to help us — for example, our server brought over the Haus dog, Lucky, so my daughter could say hello. Another lady took extra time to give me directions to a local market so that I could purchase these cute coloring books for my daughter. They spoke to my daughter multiple times, which my husband and I both appreciated.
In sum, the food alone would have brought us back a second time, but the exceptional service made this, by far, our favorite restaurant in the area. I speak German fairly well but my husband is 100% Ami (American). We saw how other foreigners were treated, and the service was consistent for all. We are looking forward to our next trip to Germany so that we can eat here again. Danke sehr für die schönen Stunden, Gastwirt Wolpertinger!! Brigitte, Mike und Anneliese.

2  Thank Brigitte B
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

My cousin got married in Garmisch-Partenkirchen last week. We had the rehearsal dinner here. BEST GERMAN FOOD WE HAD THE ENTIRE TRIP. The staff were totally awesome and so sweet! We had an entire room rented out for everyone. It really was a great time!