“Best meal of our visit to Garmisch, expensive, but worth it!”

Steakhaus zur Waffenschmiede
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2016

Small German restaurant in a 400+ year old former house in Garmisch. So much charm and interesting things on the wall! They specialize in steak and ribs and we all got variations of that. I asked for medium rare, and it was definitely on the rare side, but still delicious. The ribs were as good as the steak, and was a very healthy portion! The apple streudal was the best we'd had all week!

Date of visit: January 2016

Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

I only had a green salad because of other reasons but of the 6 other adults I was with, they were all surprised at how good the food was. Restaurants that serve steaks similar to what we are used to in the states are hard to find in Germany but this restaurant does steaks very good. Salads are not bad either :) I had a fussy child with me so the waiter was very accommodating, patient and somehow found a box toys for my little to choose from so he would calm down. Great restaurant to try!

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed 4 October 2015

I was in Garmisch in mid-July for a reunion of friends & former co-workers. My good friend, Franziska, who lives in Garmisch, recommended this and I took her with me for dinner. We were there early so the place was not too busy. We were seated in a cozy little corner and we ordered our dinners. I was "hankering" for a long overdue piece of red meat & thus I ordered a filet Mignon. It was perfect. Service was excellent, with thanks to my bilingual friend translating for me. Usually, I drink a red wine with beef but German beer is the nectar of the gods, so I ordered an Augustiner. *sigh* I was in heaven.
It's a little of the beaten path but I strongly recommend a stop here.
And Franziska's salmon was excellent, as well!

Reviewed 1 August 2015

Have eaten here for years. Always good service and good food. It's a little bit out from the centre but walkable. Pleasant atmosphere. Good prices.

1  Thank tdsjjd
Reviewed 9 July 2015

The food and service was very good, but not over the top. The slap dancing and music was a nice addition.. Parking was fairly easy to find. Prices were reasonable.