““Wow!” Is all I can say”
Review of La Toscana

La Toscana
Price range: US$7 - US$44
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Our local tour guide recommended La Toscana, after a day of touring local sites in the cold rain. She highly recommended we try the onion soup, which we did. “Wow” is all I can say!! The soup comes in a pretty large bowl with a pizza crust (I think) and cheese baked on top. The soup itself was creamy and was delicious. Let me tell you, this is the absolute best onion soup we’ve ever had, and we’ve been all around the world. What a way to top off of day in the rain.

We highly recommend you try La Toscana. We’ll definitely come back when we return to Garmisch.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

We had only a short time in Garmisch-Partenkirchen and found this restaurant while strolling the side streets. It was an excellent find as the food was excellent and the staff first rate with fast service.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

This is by far the best Italian in and around Garmisch. It’s cozy, small, seats inside and outside and really unique decoration. You actually feel like in Italy.

You have to bring a bit of time. I’ve been there now three times and there always just one waitress and it’s always busy.

So it might take a while until you can place an order but they are very charming and it’s not negative. As soon as you placed your order everything goes smoothly.

Food is amazing. We had pasta and pizza and oh my gosh try that onion soup!!!!!

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

After a week of Swiss and German food, we decided to go for Italian, and found this a couple of blocks off the main drag in Garmisch. It was so good, I created an account just to give it a review. I had the Carbonara (excellent), and my wife had the Rigatoni al Forno (also excellent). Nice patio with a fair amount of seating, although the place is not large. The service was excellent, and the prices extremely reasonable. Well worth a visit if you’re looking for Not-German in Garmisch.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Three of us just had dinner here. What a wonderful experience. The hostess (and owner) made room for us when we turned up without reservations. Huge portions. Excellent food from the antipasti mixto to the lasagne and veal saltimboca. The only disappointment was that we didn’t have room for dessert which looked great.

Tim