“Delightful restaurant with wonderful service. ”
Review of Restaurant Mundart

Restaurant Mundart
Ranked #2 of 55 Restaurants in Oberammergau
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We cook young Bavarian cuisine. This tastes unusually bold, modern and unexpectedly bloody guad.
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

One of the nicest restaurants in town with good food, wonderful service and affordable prices. I had the pork tenderloin stuffed with mustard and horseradish, which was excellent. But everything very tasty. And the desserts should not be overlooked. Apple streudal was excellent with wonderful ice cream. Gotta try!

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Tired of heavy Bavarian food we tried this place and liked it. Somewhat limited menu but a much lighter fare than traditional Bavarian food.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

With a couple of tourist trap restaurant disappointments, I've decided surely the #1 rated with such rave reviews all over the net, would be money well spent. Wrong.

Let me start out by saying that the food is completely over rated, their beer tasteless and the owner just bluntly discriminated us.

My wife and I had a reservation and arrived on time. However, we were seated on the undesirable high traffic area, as the other couple with no reservation (Germans) were seated in more "Reserved" like seating. After our order was taken, it took a FULL HOUR before we saw the start of our meal, when the couple with no reservation were almost done with their dish. However, I kept my patience at check, as I was anticipating a worthy meal.

We've ordered simple salad starters which of course no one could really mess up. And then for the main meal, I've gone with their steak which wasn't no where near tender and seriously, any cheap sleazy bar could have pan fried it better, and my wife had ravioli, which really looked like pot stickers with thick doughy skin and mushy and tasteless filling.

The owner is supposedly overly nice and welcoming as other reviews mentioned, but only to the German and caucasian customers which was obvious. How blunt was it? She asked how the food was etc., to 3 tables in a row which were lined up next to us, and then walked right by our table and didn't mention a thing to us the whole night, as she went back to other tables on a multiple occasions. Even the ladies at the table next to us gave us a weird look as if we had offended the owner or something.

Bottom line, complete and outrageously over rated food, and with an obvious racially discriminating owner, I so regret spending my hard earned money there.

3  Thank Pacmontraveler
MARKENSTELLWERK, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Restaurant Mundart, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear anonymous guest,

we are sorry to hear you did not enjoy the stay at our restaurant.

Of course, food is always a matter of taste, and the quality of its ingredients and how they are prepared are big factors that come into play. We want to assure you that our standards are at least as high as our guests’ expectations, a fact that has been reflected in overwhelmingly positive reviews from many, also international, guests so far. This we are proud of.

While we regret your disappointment regarding your meal, we strongly reject the claim that, in our restaurant, guests are discriminated against because of a perceived ‚racist motive’. This is entirely untrue.

No matter of which ethnic background, no matter if vegetarian or vegan, with a previous reservation or without – we just are happy to welcome guests who want to spend a great evening with a good meal at our restaurant. We will continue to do our best to make this happen, for everyone.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

What a wonderful restaurant!! Such warm friendly staff and lovely food. The restaurant is very modern. The menu is small which I really like. Such a lovely choice of delicious food. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

We booked well in advance for a dinner on our last night in town. The menu was simple but very fresh. Service, food and wine excellent. Would highly recommend. 2 tips. Book for the evening you want as walking up may not be a good idea and go hungry!

1  Thank Louise40