All reviews in town passion play stayed here for two nights home away from home ettal monastery five nights each morning shops and restaurants views of the mountains small town breakfast room bread train station yogurt michael apartment balcony
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Our room was fairly spacious and had a small balcony. Lots of wood here. I think it is a newer place, so it doesn't really look or feel like you are staying somewhere really interesting or special, although the service and breakfast was very good. Short walk to all the places downtown.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2017

The Hotel was in a good location, the receptionist was very helpful, room was comfortable and warm. Breakfast was good. Slept well! What more do you want? apparently they have a sauna but I did not try it.
unfortunately I hit my head of one of the roof beams but I suspect this is only a problem for one or two of the rooms on the top floor

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

We had such a great experience! My wife, my folks and I stayed there a few nights on our Bavarian Christmas tour and we loved it. The rooms were nice, the staff super friendly and the breakfasts were the perfect way to start our day. Did I mention the staff? I left my hiking boots behind and only noticed once we were in our next town, over 3 hours away. Well, once I contacted Brigitte at the front desk she made sure my boots were shipped to me at our next hotel and waiting for me once the snow hit. Next time we visit, we'll be staying with these good people without a doubt!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2017

There is good service and then there is GREAT service, Hotel Fux is very special and what made it that way was our receptionist Brigit. While we were there she was always very accommodating, helpful with restaurants, places to visit and just really friendly. It is when we left and my son left his boots at the hotel is when she really shined. She quickly took the books to the post office and had them at our next hotel the next day. Thank you Brigit for making our experience so special.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Initially i had wanted to stay at a few other hotels offering good reviews. In turn, i believe i ended up with fate leading me to the best one!! This hotel is absolutely fantastic .. situated within 5 minutes walk of everything you would want to see, parking was no problem at all. They gave me a pass that let me park almost anywhere in town. I requested a suite but got an apt.. it said on the website that no cleaning is done at the apt which discouraged me a bit as i like clean towels, etc. i mentioned this at check in and every single day my apt was cleaned spotless and with love...i had lovely views of the mountains and just reveled in the fact i could lay in my couch and read and relax.. breakfast was cooked to order eggs and the one day i was there,the maid saw me entering the breakfast room and the next thing I know, the cook had brought me two eggs that i liked from the day before.. without even seeing me.. that is how personalized the service is.. price is very reasonable and i can’t think of anywhere else i would rather stay on my next visit in Oberammergau... i will definitely return, hopefully with my sisters next year!! Please give this lovely hotel a chance.. it is definitely worth it and they have rooms to match what you are looking for.. Danke!! Family run hotel which is always a plus!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo