All reviews bio sauna four star view from the balcony wiener schnitzel perfect stay small town beds were comfortable small balcony wi fi in town globus mountains bells reaction europe
Reviewed 11 February 2016

This was my second time at this hotel. This time the room was definitely not a 4-star hotel room, there wasn't even a chair and a desk, the bathroom small and uncomfortable.
The wi-fi service was terrible, I wasn't able to connect for almost the entire time I spent there.
Fortunately they have a good restaurant and a very nice relax area, including Finnish sauna, sauna bio and Turkish bath.

Room tip: There are other rooms better then the one I had, maybe the rooms in the upper floors are newer
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank emiliano i
Claudia H, Manager at Romantik Hotel Bold, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comment, regarding your stay in our hotel. Unfortunately we don't know, which room you have booked.
You are right, we had some problems with our internet connection in February. In cooperation with our provider, now we have found a solution for a strong intenet connection. We are sorry for the trouble, that you had!
We are looking forward to welcome you in our hotel once again, if you plan a new trip to Oberammergau!

Reviewed 6 February 2016

The room was not up to par. We asked for a balcony and they stuck us in a room with a rock roof. Really not much of a view. The WIFI was not working and if they had told me when I was checking in would have stayed at another place. I was going to stay for two days but check out after the first day due to the WIFI not working. Plenty of parking. I have stayed here in the past and everything was ok.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 February 2016 via mobile

The hotel rooms are OK. The single rooms are a little bit small but the double room is fine.

The breakfast is not worth the €9,50 you need to pay for it.

The internet was not working when I arrived. The WiFi in the lobby worked intermittent but in the rest of the hotel I could not connect even with a cable. I really needed this to work since I was there on bussiness and had work to do in the evening. In three days I made six complaints which I felt were not taken seriously. I kept getting excuses that it was the brand of my device which caused the problem and that I was the only one. Well, I had three different brands (laptop, phone and tablet) and eight collegues who were also unable to connect. After three days I checked out early to change hotels.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comment, regarding your stay in our hotel. It is a pity that you didn't like our full buffet breakfast. Could you tell us please, which parts of our breakfast you didn't like? Normally our guests are happy with our breakfast!

Reviewed 1 February 2016 via mobile

The hotel is located in a good area not far from the rail station and the city centre (even if Oberammergau is very small). I have been there during a snow time and the hotel was very comfortable in terms of room temperature and little optionals. Staff very kind, breakfast good. The only minor complaint is slow internet which, during my staying, disconnected often and some time went down. Anyway, I think I would choose it again if I had to go back to the area.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2016

Cosy hotel with good service. Comfortable rooms and very good bavarian-style breakfast. This family-style hotel is good value for money and the smell of wood gives it a holiday flavour even if the reason to travel is professional. I like also the bavarian taste of dishes at the restaurant: tasty and plenty, as well as reasonably priced. The location of the hotel is another advantage. Certsinly a place worth recommending.

Date of stay: December 2015