All reviews opposite the church charming hotel comfortable rooms bavarian style free parking cemetery bells generations town linderhof germany alps cheese
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Beautiful Bavarian facade with curt and formally unfriendly reception. Interior room decor is not at all in accordance with the Bavarian style. Terrible bed and even worse pillows. Could not get a rest. Very noisy and could hear everything going on in the corridor.

Stayed: October 2017
Georg G, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Turmwirt, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

I cannot understand this at all. As I checked you out in the morning, I have asked about your stay and everything was in order according to your answer.
Nevertheless, as we have new beds and pillows, maybe you like some others. But we would have a variety of other pillows to change if necessary, but we have not been asked for.
Our house is in bavarian style indoors as well as outdoors, we are native bavarians and know what bavarian style is. Maybe your idea is different.
But this reklamation is out of correctness.
Best regards
Georg Glas

Reviewed 10 September 2017

the hotel is centrally located . the rooms and the toilets were spacious and comfortable. but the staff were not at all accommodating. the lady at the reception was very unfriendly and not at all helpful . no smile no greeting. the breakfast was very disappointing . they would not fill the empty dishes. we were told to wait for 10 minutes to get a piece of bacon! lovely village. the Chinese hotel nearby serves a better meal . overall a disappointing experience in the hotel. we felt we were not welcome even our tour guide who travels extensively.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Champi A
Reviewed 19 June 2017

This is a charming hotel in a traditional bavarian style. Easy to find as it's just opposite the church. Free parking - not very big though, but we always found free lots. Spacious and comfortable rooms with minibar. The window from our room (5) was overlooking the church and cemetery, but the bells were not disturbing - also, you could hear those bells in all the village, so if you don't like this kind of sound, any hotel in the village would have the same "issue".
Breakfast was tasty, made of fresh products, although I lacked vegetables - there were only a few pieces of tomato and cucumber, apparently it's not typical to eat greens for breakfast in Bavaria.
We stayed for 2 nights in this hotel and it's a great base for visiting the Alps as well as nearby castles of Linderhof and Neuchwanstein.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2017

You can hear everything going on outside in the hallway and in the rooms next door. It seems like the walls are made out of cardboard. The church laying next to the hotel will definitly wake you up during the night since it rings at all funky times. If the churchbell does not wake you up the noisy staff will wake you up in the weekend by making alot of noise in the hallway. 0800 they started cleaning (and yelling). I put up my DO NOT DISTUB sign, but still they entered my room. Not much to choose from at the breakfast, and the staff does not refill the things that gets empty. At one of the sections of the diningarea it is possible to sit next to the windows. One morning we had to move and find somewhere else to sit, cause another group of guests were going to sit there. First time I ever have been told to find another table at breakfast at a hotel. Stayed there for 12 days, never going back to that hotel.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2017

I've stayed in worse three star hotels, but I've stayed in better ones too. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff were very nice. The view from room 4 was mostly blocked by a roofline so that was slightly disappointing in a town/area where the views from many places are abundant. After opening the door to our room and realizing that our view was blocked, we requested a different room or asked to pay for an upgrade. We could not be accommodated. Breakfast was marginal - Both mornings the eggs were severely overcooked and both mornings juice wasn't refilled often. I believe uneaten rolls from other guest plates are served again - the second day, I selected a roll and found a piece of cheese stuck to the bottom. Overall, this property offers parking, is pet friendly and is in an excellent location in Oberammergau, allowing you to walk all throughout the town.

Room Tip: Request a room with a good view when you book. Room #4 has a view of mostly a roofline.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business