“Perfect Outdoor Coffee Break”
Review of Theater Cafe - CLOSED

Theater Cafe
Price range: US$14 - US$21
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 3 August 2015

I had a lovely cappuccino here along with an apricot tart slice - very nice flaky, buttery crust. We sat in bistro style chairs with a small table, in the shade overlooking the park. They also serve up gelato from their outdoor station on this side of their cafe. This cafe is frequented by tour groups taking a break so the waitress was able to quickly accommodate my request to immediately accept payment upon just serving my order.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

Had a quick stop at Oberammergau on Viator tours (fine for a tour company, but I don't recommend using a tour company - see my reviews on Linderhof and Neuschwanstein) so we were grateful that the waiter could serve us quickly. The apple strudel was good (not great) but again, very good service, pretty room and super close to where the tour buses stop (by the theatre). Their other cakes also looked good but we did not sample them.

Reviewed 9 January 2015

I ate here during a Mike's Bus Tour trip to Neuschwanstein Castle. We had a short amount of time to eat, which we told our waiter. He checked to make sure all of the dishes we wanted would be able to be made within our time limit. Food was out extremely fast and it was all delicious. My mother had beed with horseradish sauce, I had the best pumpkin soup I've ever eaten and also some delicious coffee. 100% recommend stopping here. There is also a pastry section that looked amazing.

Reviewed 30 December 2014 via mobile

Great coffee, wonderful sweets, very good wine selection and a nice, relaxing atmosphere. My personal favorite is the Linzer torte, maybe the best I've ever eaten. They also have a very good tea selection.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stopped off here on a short tour of the area. We were looking for somehwere for apple strudel the German way and were not disappointed. Freindly service, good choice of cakes and traditional strudel!