Das Posch Hotel
Alte Postvilla(Oberammergau)
Agoda.com
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
All reviewshotel is situatedcomfortable bedexcellent breakfastsmall hotelplugsaunatownbalcony
Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

This place is where you need to go if you really want privacy and need time to chill out in a fantastic wooden chalet with top service , but also if you fancy skiing or just want to expire the nature with nice walks , everything is in front of the little resort. Great to fill up your batteries or spent time with.family or best friends as you have different size of chalets.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

The location is great, rooms are decent and cleaned every day. But it's not a hotel, there's no drinks, no dinner what so ever. That's really a 1 star if you expect to have booked a 3 star hotel. It should be called a Bed&Breakfast, owners/employees are gone most of the time. Wifi is good enough.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2016

Arriving in the late evening, my keys were readily available for me to check-in. For late arrivals, keys are left in the mailbox. Check-in instructions are on the door.

My room was clean and comfortable. No issues with wifi access on the 2nd floor. No issues with hot water or water pressure in the morning. Breakfast is the standard German fare with the exception of scrambled eggs and bacon being available. Staff is friendly and helpful.

This hotel is pet friendly. I asked in advance if I could bring my pet. During the day, while I was out of the room, I kept her in her kennel.

No issues with check-out. Very nice hotel. Restaurants are within a few minutes walking distance. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2015

I was impressed at the casual, welcoming nature of the place. Throughout the week, I would notice room keys in the mailbox and notes on the door for arriving guests. The hotel is in a good location. I was able to park my car and walk the whole rest of the week to work and dinner and shopping. The room was very comfortable. It was a little on the cold side, but that's because I didn't look under the window for the radiator until later in the week. Breakfast was delicious, not big but tasty.

The one thing I missed was a refridgerator in the room for dinner leftovers. Also the kitchen was open only for breakfast. It would have been nice to eat dinner on the premises.

There was some remodeling going on around the hotel (I'm not sure if it was the hotel property or not). It would be interesting to see what it looks like this summer.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2014

My husband and I stayed here while he was on a business trip. We brought our dog with us too. The hotel is in the middle of some outdoor reconstruction in the yard, patio, and pool area. Because of that there was some daytime noise and blocked off areas but not a big deal since it was November and we weren't spending much time outside. I am sure the grounds will be beautiful when the projects are done though!
It is a small, cozy, and quiet little hotel which we found charming. Tanya (sp?)was wonderful and so accommodating. We switched rooms twice(because of our preferences) and she never gave us any attitude about it. Just very sweet and understanding. The breakfast was good, the beds comfortable, the sauna wonderful, and we had a overall great stay in Oberammergau.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business