US$181
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$207/night.

Landhaus am Stein(Bad Wiessee)
US$252
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Quellenhof(Bad Wiessee)
US$208
US$203
  • Restaurant
Hotel Villa Lago(Bad Wiessee)
US$183
Landhaus Marinella(Bad Wiessee)
Gastehaus Linsinger(Bad Wiessee)
  • Free Internet
  • Room Service
Hotel Alpensonne(Bad Wiessee)
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsjunior suitestayed herelake tegernseespaclosetguestsbathbavarian
Reviewed 2 September 2016

We stayed at the Terrassenhof as part of an organised walking holiday with a group of 16. Accordingly, our experiences may well differ from the more typical guest, particularly as it concerns dinners as we had limited choice each evening. The main points I wanted to make are (1) the location is terrific, (2) staff were great, in particular Leo on the front desk, (3) the views and its outdoor terrace are excellent, (4) the room we had was large and comfortable but the mattress on the bed and the pillows were not great, (5) the balcony off the room had great views and was a great place to relax at the end of the day and watch folks walk along the boardwalk, swim or sail, (6) food was fine but not gourmet - the breakfast buffet was OK but never different (although made to order eggs, omelettes and bacon were also available) and the dinner dishes were generally at least passable and occasionally very good except for the desserts which were always of a "wobbly" variety (think mousses and aspic) and this was disappointing in the land of strudel and kuchen. Now on the latter point, I am sure being in a group resulted in the choice for health or finances to restrict us to the wobblies and I would not think that general guests would have been as underwhelmed on this front as was I. Accordingly, I have not allowed my dislike of the desserts to affect the rating given here.

The hotel is located directly on the walking path that surrounds the delightful, smallish Lake Tegernsee and has a series of wings that run perpendicular to the lake. The lake is surrounded by small mountains (say 4,000 to 5,000 feet) and a series of charming villages. Our room was 212 located on (I think) the southern exterior of the hotel with both mountain views and lake views from our large balcony. As noted the bed was not the most comfortable but was not intolerable. Our room was described as a junior suite and was very large with a half set of stairs to our living area with large tv, a refrigerator with daily replenished waters (still, sparkling and fruit varieties), seating for 7 or 8 people plus a console unit for the tv and a raised coffee table. The decor was fairly dated (perhaps the 90s) but well-maintained. The bathroom was large and had a separate tub and shower stall along with dual sinks and a towel warmer and ample storage. So the room was comfortable and was quiet. We stayed for a week and had no issues with storage. The room does not have a safety deposit box, but there is a large unit available off reception that served the purpose.

The bottom line is that I would not hesitate to go back to this hotel and seek the same room if ever I return to the Tegernsee area since it is so well located and provides a relaxing experience.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with both lakeside and mountain views - not those facing the main street (although that is not too busy).
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TorontoTraveller43
Sascha T, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Terrassenhof, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

Dear TorontoTraveller,

first of all many thanks you have taken the time to write such a detailled review of your stay with us.

We are very delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to return.

Please enquire about a change of mattress, as we are able to provide harder or softer varieties.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time, we are looking forward to welcoming you again very much.

With Best Regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

I spent a couple of days with my husband at the Terrassenhof and absolutely loved it. This lakefront hotel offers everything you need: there's a sailing center right in front of the hotel, where you can rent paddle boards (15 euros per hour), you can go for a quiet morning swim, there's a charming biergarten-style restaurant in the shade of two huge trees where you can also have breakfast if the weather allows. Our room (double, premium) came with a small balcony facing the lake, complete with two comfy chairs. There was a bathroom with a separate toilet and a small seating area. The room (and the entire hotel) was very clean and tidy. I'm not a big fan of carpet in hotel rooms but since it was so clean, it wasn't a problem.
I read some negative reviews about this place (old, not stylish enough, tired) but frankly I don't see the problem. This is a lovely hotel at a perfect location and if it was renovated to suit everybody's ridiculously high standards then 'normal' people like me couldn't afford it anymore. So, I will definitely be back!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2016

The hotel is right on the banks of Lake Tegernsee and offers awesome views of the lake. I stayed there for business. The Wi-Fi was a major problem but rest of the experience was great. The breakfast, lunch and dinner menus were sumptuous. The room was standard, with a single bed, adequate amenities in the bathroom. From the nearest Bahnhof, there is a bus which stops near to the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2016

Stayed here for business with a bigger group. My room was small and very basic. The single bed was wedged in between two walls but was big enough. No shower just a bathtub with a small glass segment to prevent splashing while taking a shower. This was a bit of a challenge (I'm 6'1).

Breakfast buffet and dinner menu were excellent. Service was outstanding. The hotel is directly located at the shores of Tegernsee and the view is breathtaking. The hotel has a nice beer garden. I would definitely stay there again but might try to get a different (bigger) room.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Sascha T, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Terrassenhof, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2016

Dear Frank,

many thanks first of all for having taken the time to evaluate your stay.

We are delighted, that you consider our service and kitchen excellent.

We offer rooms with a shower, as well as a bathtub. Please advise prior to your next stay and we will be able to allocate you a room of your wishes.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 February 2016

Hotel in a nice location at the popular Tegernsee not too far from Munich. The hotel itself feels a bit old and aged. Rooms could do with a renovation and the breakfast buffet was rather limited in choice and quality. Overall not a 4 start hotel in my book and not value for money.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple