All reviews stayed here junior suite lake tegernsee spa guests bathroom balcony mountains bavarian
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

I spent a couple of days with my husband at the Terrassenhof and absolutely loved it. This lakefront hotel offers everything you need: there's a sailing center right in front of the hotel, where you can rent paddle boards (15 euros per hour), you can go for a quiet morning swim, there's a charming biergarten-style restaurant in the shade of two huge trees where you can also have breakfast if the weather allows. Our room (double, premium) came with a small balcony facing the lake, complete with two comfy chairs. There was a bathroom with a separate toilet and a small seating area. The room (and the entire hotel) was very clean and tidy. I'm not a big fan of carpet in hotel rooms but since it was so clean, it wasn't a problem.
I read some negative reviews about this place (old, not stylish enough, tired) but frankly I don't see the problem. This is a lovely hotel at a perfect location and if it was renovated to suit everybody's ridiculously high standards then 'normal' people like me couldn't afford it anymore. So, I will definitely be back!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2016

The hotel is right on the banks of Lake Tegernsee and offers awesome views of the lake. I stayed there for business. The Wi-Fi was a major problem but rest of the experience was great. The breakfast, lunch and dinner menus were sumptuous. The room was standard, with a single bed, adequate amenities in the bathroom. From the nearest Bahnhof, there is a bus which stops near to the hotel.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2016

Stayed here for business with a bigger group. My room was small and very basic. The single bed was wedged in between two walls but was big enough. No shower just a bathtub with a small glass segment to prevent splashing while taking a shower. This was a bit of a challenge (I'm 6'1).

Breakfast buffet and dinner menu were excellent. Service was outstanding. The hotel is directly located at the shores of Tegernsee and the view is breathtaking. The hotel has a nice beer garden. I would definitely stay there again but might try to get a different (bigger) room.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Sascha T, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Terrassenhof, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2016

Dear Frank,

many thanks first of all for having taken the time to evaluate your stay.

We are delighted, that you consider our service and kitchen excellent.

We offer rooms with a shower, as well as a bathtub. Please advise prior to your next stay and we will be able to allocate you a room of your wishes.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 February 2016

Hotel in a nice location at the popular Tegernsee not too far from Munich. The hotel itself feels a bit old and aged. Rooms could do with a renovation and the breakfast buffet was rather limited in choice and quality. Overall not a 4 start hotel in my book and not value for money.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2015

The location is ideal......lakeside with great views of the lake and mountains. There is a walkway along the lake from the hotel that gets you to the river taxi or band shell where they host a series of free concerts. The breakfast buffet is outstanding...one of the best I have ever seen. Dinner is good and the restaurant offers outdoor seating. My room was quite nice....very-well appointed and maintained. The balcony offered a nice view of the lake. I would certainly stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2015