All reviewstrain stationturn down servicemichelin star restaurantpark viewthe main shopping streetjunior suiteluxury hotelroom servicetourist informationthe location is perfectshopping areabreakfast buffetwould stay againchristmas marketvisiting stuttgarthotel is locatedmercedes benz
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I had a really lovely time at the Althoff Hotel in Stuttgart. The staff were particularly friendly and helpful especially the delightful Room Service waiters. Although it is quite a large hotel they all made me feel very welcome - the cleaning staff, the staff at breakfast and the staff in reception and any other staff I happened to meet in the hotel.

My room was very spacious and well appointed and had a lovely view over the park. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very well cleaned and they even have a turn down service in the evening.

I chose the hotel for its location opposite the main station but it is also right next to the U-bahn and the main shopping street. It was ideal for going to the Mercedes Cup Tennis - just three stops on the U-bahn. I also enjoyed wandering down the Königstrasse and seeing so many people out enjoying themselves. It seems like a very laid-back city. I didn't have time to do much sight-seeing but I went to the two art galleries which are worth visiting.

The breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice. I particularly enjoyed the pancakes with quark- a special treat. I also enjoyed the room service food (although the portions were too large for me). It was of a very high standard and presented really well.

The hotel caters for a wide variety of guests from business people to families with young children and I would recommend it to anyone coming to Stuttgart.

Many thanks to all the staff at the hotel.

Many thanks to all the staff at the hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
AlthoffHotelGroup, Manager at Althoff Hotel Am Schlossgarten, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Vicky S,

thank you very much for taking the time to share such an extensive feedback of your most recent stay with us at the Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten on TripAdvisor. I am certain that many travelers will benefit from it. We all are extremely proud to learn that you have such pleasant words for the service in the hotel, the room as well as our breakfast and our room service. Please be sure that I have shared your nice comments with all our team and we all hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

lovely garden facing views, great staff. everything was just titch. its a bit of a walk from the station if you come out parkside, so take the straight way out and cross the road. silence is a treaured virtue here in rooms. so much so we overslept every day :)

Room Tip: garden views are best.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear harsh1975,

thank you very much for taking the time to share the feedback of your most recent stay with us at the Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten on TripAdvisor. It is fantastic to know that you enjoyed our service, the room as well as the convenient Location of our hotel. We all wish to welcome you back soon and remain your favourite Hotel in Stuttgart.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Stuttgart was our second stop on our four stop Germany road trip. It's a great place for day trips. The Am Schlossgarten was amazing. The entire staff was friendly and helpful.
Parking is next to the hotel in an underground garage, 19 Euros a day. The valet will get your car for you , same price ( self park/valet ). Hotel is located across from the train station, for some people that may seem a little noisy. We had a Junior Suite King Room. It was rather large for a European hotel room.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
AlthoffHotelGroup, Manager at Althoff Hotel Am Schlossgarten, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear rich1donna_123,

thank you very much for your excellent review of your most recent stay with us at the Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
It is great to know that you liked your stay with us and have such praise for our team and enjoyed the central location of the hotel!
We all hope to welcome you back soon for another city trip to Stuttgart.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2018

This is a beautifully kept immaculate hotel right on the Schlossgarten near the train station. My father and I did a once-and-a-lifetime trip to the Springfest/VFB Stuttgart game and were not disappointed by the level of service we experienced.

The room was spacious and the cleaning staff thorough. Each night we had a turndown service comparable to most cruise ships with mints, robes, and slippers. The chrome in the bathroom sparkled. We took in live music in the hotel bar each night as we shared a nightcap. The location and the service was top-notch.

One of the complaints I had read about ahead of time was the confusing air conditioner. I still can't make sense of it, but I've included a picture with my review that kept it comfortable in the room when it was 29 C / 85 F outside. It does work, the hotel just may want to include more information in their guest guide on how to use it.

The other complaint that is valid is slow wifi, it would be frustrating as a business traveler, but since our mind was set on leisure and entertainment we did not mind it as much.

Overall a great experience. If you want to avoid the high cost of breakfast at the hotel (even though it was well-done with a lot of options) try Bäckerei Lang, about 5 mins up the Königstraße. Get the Frühstück for 2 if you want, it was very filling at a third of the cost!

Room Tip: Facing the Schlossgarten provides some great visuals, but at night on a weekend you may hear student noise from house parties
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
AlthoffHotelGroup, Manager at Althoff Hotel Am Schlossgarten, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Nathan H,
thank you very much for taking the time to share the feedback of your most recent stay with us at the Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to read your detailed feedback and acknowledge the excellent rating.
It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, liked our service, our bar - the John Cranko Lounge as well as our room and housekeeping service. I would also like to ensure you that we have well received youor comments concerning the WiFi and are already planning an upgrade to ensure a more powerful Internet soon.

We hope to welcome you and your father back soon and wish you meanwhile all the very best!

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

We have just completed a 3 day stay at the Althoff and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The hotel is situated opposite the station, and adjoins the main shopping street. It’s close to all the main attractions in central Stuttgart.
The staff were friendly and welcoming, the rooms were spacious and light and immaculately clean, and the bed firm but comfortable. We had a Nespresso machine in our room for that early morning caffeine fix.
The bathroom was roomy, with a shower over the bath and plenty of large towels. There were robes and slippers for both of us.
All staff members spoke good English, which helped to compensate for my poor German.
We can thoroughly recommend it.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
AlthoffHotelGroup, Manager at Althoff Hotel Am Schlossgarten, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear John G,
thank you very much for taking the time to share the feedback of your most recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time with us at the Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten and would also like to thank you for recommending us. It is fantastic to know that you liked our service, your room and the amenities of the hotel.
We all look forward to welcome you back soon or bis bald im Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten!