“Friendly, delicious and affordable”
Review of Riva

Riva
Ranked #233 of 1,516 Restaurants in Stuttgart
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Feuersee
Reviewed 9 October 2013

On a recent trip to Germany we had a lay over in Stuttgart. Looking for a nice (non-Swabian) restaurant for dinner we chose Riva based on other recommendations on this website. It was wonderful! The food was fresh and delicious and served by a very polite young gentleman. We had the antipasto plate for a starter and it was amazing - try the buffalo mozzarella! The freshest I have EVER had. We then enjoyed pizza (great prices), perfect thin crust and paired it with a bottle of wine. As expected, the wine price was inflated (universal it seems). Highly recommended if you are in Stuttgart and it is very close to the Feuersee S-Bahn stop.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I have been to many italian restaurants around the world and quite a few of them in Italy. Riva always ranks among the best of them and i firmly believe that their bruschetta is the best i have had.
The pastas are all good and the daily specials are usually amazing.

I go there everytime i visit Stuttgart

Reviewed 23 June 2013

The restaurant has a nice feel inside and some outdoor seating as well. My party of four ate outside and enjoyed it. The service was a little slow to take the food order and deliver the food, I also ordered a desert and that took almost 20 min alone.

We tried the Pizza (8 out of 10), the tortellini (7/10) and the ravioli (7/10). It was all and all good Italian food but the menu is a bit small and they don't have much that a child would like.

This would be a great place for a first date, nice ambiance and reasonable prices.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Clearly a neighborhood favorite - lots of local folks strolling by stopped for a chat with diners. Even though we americans showed up without a reservation, the waiter found a table and treated us very nicely. Lots of diners had pizza, so we took the cue and tried it as well, and it was quite good, very much like pizza from Italy, but loaded with high-quality toppings, like proscuitto and arugula. With a bottle of prosecco, the bill was 51 euro for two.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

In my opinion, this is the best Italian restaurant in Stuttgart (and I've gone to a lot!) The salads are fresh and tasty, and the pizza/pasta is delicious! I recently returned from a trip around the Tuscany region of Italy, and Riva still ranks at the top of my favorite Italian dishes! Most or all of the servers/staff are from Italy, and they provide great service and food for good value. Also, the house white wine is really good! Really cozy atmosphere, but small. Since it's usually pretty busy, it's better to call ahead and make reservations.

1  Thank travel126