“Fun old town atmosphere, friendly staff, vegetarian & kids' options!”
Review of Schnitzelbank

Schnitzelbank
Ranked #3 of 528 Restaurants in Heidelberg
Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We went here with several of my husband's work colleagues and our 3 year old daughter. I loved the sturdy old wood tables and benches, and the decor/atmosphere felt like a piece of history. The waitstaff was friendly and not bothered about us waiting for several other colleagues to arrive before ordering our food. Great sense of humor and bantering with the guests made it fun. They several vegetarian options available. i had a dish of mushrooms in cream sauce that was delicious and full of flavor. My husband's turkey schnitzel was well-cooked. They were also willing to make a child's portion of kasespaetzle for my little girl, which we really appreciated.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,452)

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Great food and a very nice waiter/host. Well spoken and very good English. Highly recommend the Haxe and the Schnitzel.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Whenever I have guests from out of town, I try to bring them at least once to Schnitzelbank. Great, enthusiastic service and cozy atmosphere gives you a sense of being in a traditional German locality. Unfortunately, the restaurant can only seat ~45 people at best so reserving is a must for more than 2 people. If you do manage to get seated, enjoy delicious schnitzels, creamy Käsespätzle and wine on tap. The prices are agreeable considering how big the portions are; you'll probably roll back out.

1  Thank Quinn S
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Our son chose this restaurant to celebrate Father's Day, and we had a wonderful time. We sat inside at one of the long, carved tables and started with delicious light Riesling vom Fass and excellent Schmalz. The Schnitzel Art Des Hauses was superb with mushrooms and a large salad. Service was informal and cheerful. We could not have had a nicer meal.

1  Thank Judebi
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Akademie is my other choice.

Huge portions, great atmosphere. Waiter manager’s cheerfulness is contagious.

Snitzel is always my choice! Perfect crust on pork. Amazing salad is included. Ask for spletza instead of potatoes

1  Thank Dave H