“Horrible service”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2016

I have been to this restaurant several times and always liked the food, because it is close to the Italian original. The food was good again, including a really outstanding pasta with truffles. But the service was bad, even for German standards (I am German but have lived in the US for a long time). Granted they were very busy that night, but several of the runners were unable to communicate with us because they did not speak German and the waiters were clumsy. The main plates arrived after a very long wait and the sides arrived ten minutes after the main plate. When I wanted to pay with plastic, I was told that their machine was broken. As a result, my friend, who I had intended to invite, ended up paying. This is unacceptable in the 21. century for a restaurant in the touristy part of Heidelberg. At the very least they should have told us before. And then a place of this size should have a back up machine. What really pissed me off was their way of dealing with the problem: no attempt to smooth the situation and to explain where the next cash machine is, no social skills whatsoever. I still gave two stars overall because of the good quality of the food, but would have liked to give zero for the service. You need to work on your service if you cater to American clients!

2  Thank Berthold H

Reviewed 19 July 2016

The food is good. It is mostly on the Italian side and really different from the 'cream and analogue cheese places' that call themselves Italian restaurants. So that is nice. But when we went the service was not good. We were served well after other customers and had to wait for quite some time for the main dishes, after having had a salad and a carpaccio. The wine was good. But then - at the end of our 'feast' - we were told that they do accept credit or other cards. That was a real downer for my friend from the U.S. who wanted to invite me for dinner. So given the embarassing situation I recommend this restau reconsiders its payment options OR puts up a HUGE (you know H U G E!!!) sign that NO CARDS ARE ACCEPTED.

2  Thank GRworld
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Lovely little Italian Restuarant great ambiance and lovely food and wine all served by really lovely people.Highly Recommended.

Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

A great location. Very friendly place. Octopus appetizer is very delicious. I would definitely visit this place again on our next visit.

Reviewed 5 February 2015

Very nice place, cozy, warm, and with a small but good menu.
The food tastes excellent, unfortunately serving sizes aren't that big.
Think of asking a "vorspeise" before ordering the main meal.