See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I would consider this a “boutique hotel”. Quite small but very comfortable and decorated with a personal touch. The receptionist was very friendly and made us feel at home immediately. She directed us to a reasonable and excellent restaurant within walking distance of the hotel. Breakfast was very reasonable at 5€ per person. Parking was secure and included in the cost of the accommodations. For such a small hotel, it’s unreasonable to expect that the reception desk is open 24/7 but we were told how to get into the hotel after hours. All in all, a very pleasant experience and highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed four nights. If you are coming by public transport, take the tram No. 1 to Paduallee from Freiburg Hauptbahnhof. Then, walk about ten minutes. It is the road with a few Gasthaus. Do not confuse Hirsch Hotel with Hirshengarten. And, bring your own shower gel and shampoo. Hot water for drinks need be purchased, as well as tea, coffee, etc.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2016

...this is a good place to stay. Close to motorway A5 we found it by chance. It is relatively simple, but very friendly staff working there. Rooms are spaceous and clean and breakfast is very rich. Be careful this is a "garni only property", thus you do not get anything else than breakfast (no lunch, no dinner). You find however plenty of restaurants in a range of max 500m around this place.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dina_and_Juergen
Reviewed 2 September 2015 via mobile

Booked last minute, we emailed re potential late arrival and received a very nice email from the hotel in return, letting us know that the reception is closed after a certain time and where the key would be etc. No problem getting into car park or room. Room very clean, as was bathroom. Basic but perfect for what we needed, which was somewhere to sleep for the night, convenient to motorway and easy access to Freiburg centre. Breakfast next morning was plentiful. Will visit again.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tina N
Reviewed 9 August 2015

I've booked by phone. They tell me to arrive before 8 PM otherwise they are not there (?) and they leave me the key of the room somewhere in the garden (?).

Once there - at 7 PM - the lady receives me in a very hasty way. I ask for the internet code and she replies me that internet it is not working. I tell her that she should have told me whilst booking. She replies that I did not ask for it (!???). I answer that her Hotel is published in internet by all different providers like booking etc. as INTERNET FREE OF CHARGE EVERYWHERE!! She does not care. She handes me the room key and disappear. They day after I want to pay the room and another lady at the desk in the breakfast room says me that they can accept only cash since internet is not working. I am really upset. I pay in cash. She gives me the bill with another name on it. I ask to remake it. She corrects and prints it and with arrogance gives it to me. I leave with my bill and she NOT EAVEN SAYS GOODBY. CAN THIS BE NAMED HOTEL? NEVER AGAIN HERE!

Room Tip: nessuna idea
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business