All reviews old town transit card travel pass breakfast was included writing desk central location public parking garage right direction family run hotel top floor two nights yogurt church bells noise from the street good nights sleep heat wave the main square
Reviewed 31 December 2017

but inside was so delightful. We spent two days in Freiburg while on a tour of German Christmas markets. We had a rain/snow/sleet mix for our entire time in this city, but our room at the Schwarzwaelder Hof was ideal -- only a ten to fifteen minute walk from the station and very close to the market. The room was quiet and cozy and included a fortifying breakfast and handy transit card for access to the trams. I would definitely recommend this place for those wanting to stay in a small hotel in the heart of Freiburg.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Set just around the corner from the main square, the hotel was comfortable and friendly. The room was small, compact and functional, which met our needs.

Despite being September and not great weather the room was very hot. We closed the windows to block out the noise from the street, church bells etc. Unfortunately this made it even more hot, which then set the bathroom fan going in the middle of the night.

Good power shower. Unfortunately would not face in the right direction. Staff were very efficient and resolved this for us.
The bed was comfortable, with a soft pillow and lovely duvet.

Breakfast was busy, we were lucky to get a table. The food was standard buffet of cheese, meats, fruit, yoghurt, fruit and bread.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, if they have any
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Traveling alone has its advantages; single rooms are available even in busy periods. Or I just got lucky. Got a modern room, great beds (slept great the _first_ night, which never happens!) and great service. You will hear some people in the street at night, but nothing that kept me from getting a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for two nights. The location in the old town is excellent. We found the service to be a little lacking. The room was nicely fitted out but a bit dark and the bathroom was quite small. We found it a bit noisy with noise from the street.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

As I write this review we are still staying in the hotel so yes I am feeling brave but I believe in telling it how it is.

Ok we have put up with the hotel not replenishing the rolls and croissants from 9.15 although 1. It is the only pastry you get and 2. Breakfast does not finish until 10.00am!

We down graded our room as we booked a junior suite. A junior suite to us means a separate area for us to sit in, here it meant a corridor with a writing desk!!!! Not a lot of use for a holiday vacation.

We are 'saving' 10 euros a night I did question was it worth the move !!! But in principle it was

When we got back to the room tonight the water in the room had not been replenished. My husband went to reception and questioned this to be told it is only given on the first night obviously the empty bottle is left in the room as a souvenir!!!

We are paying over £100 per night we are staying 5 nights (when we booked in this was questioned, so obviously they are not used to people staying this long) so don't set an expectation that you don't want to meet.

Price the water into the room from day one if 50 cents means that much to you then charge, don't mislead people.

Very disappointed

On a positive the quality of the breakfast produce is very good and the town travel card very useful if you stay longer than one night and have the opportunity to use it

My husband is a hotel and tourist consultant along with being a Freiburger (a local) We are feeling like cash cows

Would we come back NO

Would he like to have a conversation with the powers that be yes.., we are her for another 2 days!!! You know where we are

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple