“The best cafe restaurant on the montains”
Review of La Cascade

La Cascade
Ranked #35 of 104 Restaurants in Val d'Isere
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Good value - lovely friendly helpful staff and very reasonable priced. Hope it stays like this in the future

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We popped into la cascade restaurant several times on our recent ski holiday as we were so impressed. The food is good and tasty but best of all, great value for money in comparison to a lot of the other restaurants! You can get a nice hot choc for only 2 euros! The food is served in a self service manner with plenty of choice, including delicious looking patisseries and a salad bar. Great for families and a lovely sunny terrace with amazing views over the glacier when the weather is nice. Fantastic, normally much quieter skiing around in le fournet too. Best spot we found. Love the big steins of beer!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Great quality food for a self service restaurant. Lots of good healthy options and great value.

Salad plates, for €9.90, include lots of meat and protein options and you can fill your plate as much as you like - great for hungry skiers!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We had a lovely lunch, which was extremely good value (e.g. excellent steak). Although the restaurant was extremely busy, the staff were friendly and attentive.

While we were there I left my glasses on my tray, and it was cleared away. I realised quite quickly, and asked a member of staff if they had been found. At least two members of staff looked everywhere for them, in the kitchen, in the bin, under the table, but could not find them. I left them with my contact details and the name of the hotel I was staying in, in the hope that they would find them and contact me later.

By the time I got back to the hotel after an afternoon's skiing, the restaurant staff had obviously found my glasses, and delivered them back to my hotel. I was amazed at this level of service from a mountain restaurant, which was located at some distance from our hotel in Val d'Isere.

I wanted to thank them for finding my glasses and returning them, as I was extremely grateful.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

we were a group of 9 , plenty of choice, salads steaks , friendly service and great location, wines were very reasonable, self service but efficient queueing system