US$59
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$61/night.

US$82
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
Hotel Le National(Saint-Etienne)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$77
B&B Hotel Saint-Etienne Monthieu(Saint-Etienne)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$71
US$60
ibis Budget
All reviewsgood nights sleepbar and restaurantgrocery storehotel is locatedpleasant staysets
Reviewed 16 January 2017

When you walk into the hotel the lobby is very modern and updated which kind of sets you up for a surprise when you walk into your room. The rooms are definitely older but, they are well maintained, clean, and the bed was incredibly comfortable, probably the best sleep I've had during my European tours which I am 3 months into. The hotel is located across from a really nice park and from the window I had a view of mountains and homes. Near the hotel there are a few places to eat as well as a grocery store. It was a short taxi ride to the city center which was picturesque as well. The hotel staff was very kind and friendly. They assisted with everything on how to work the shower to ordering food delivery to the hotel. Breakfast was included and while it was pretty basic, overall it was good. I think it was the staff that made this such a pleasant stay as well as the good nights sleep.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Benoit M, Directeur général at Mercure Saint Etienne Parc de L'Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Dear Maria,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hôtel Mercure Saint Etienne Parc de l'Europe.

Reviewed 18 December 2016

I live in this town and decided to sleep at the Mercure, because of construction work at my house. What a horrible experience. No electricity in the middle of the night (for a period of almost two hours), and my room was freezing. When I called reception to know more, the receptionist told me that he was trying to fix the problem and my call was making him waste his time. After the power was restored, the heating system was noisy and not working properly, my room was freezing all night and morning until I left. No room service available on Saturdays. No mini-bar either, just a small bottle of mineral water. I requested another bottle and I was told to go out of the hotel and buy one (it was 1:00 a.m. and no grocery store or supermarket opened in town). There were stains on the carpet, walls with dark spots in some places, etc. They still have an old fashioned key typical of last century and I was obliged to push very hard to open the room door. TV is old and small.
I am French and I must say service in France is famous for being poor, but this hotel's mediocrity is second to none.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Benoit M, Directeur général at Mercure Saint Etienne Parc de L'Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2016

Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hôtel Mercure Saint Etienne Parc de l'Europe. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Best Regards,
Benoit Majorel,

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

I have been at least 300 hotels around the world. But never see hotel like this. When I left the hotel I forgot my expensive coat in the shelf in my room. And after I called them just to find it and so my friend could pick it up. But after 5 calls they said me they can not find, it is not there.
The worst hotel I have ever been.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Benoit M, Directeur général at Mercure Saint Etienne Parc de L'Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Good afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hôtel Mercure Saint Etienne Parc de l'Europe. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.
Concerning your coat, you thought it was in your room but we checked with the housekeeper, we had nothing. You may loose it in another place because it was not in our Hotel.

Benoit Majorel,

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

This was on a quick business trip. Check in and check out was relatively painless - except their card machine doesn't work well. The breakfast room is lovely with a stunning view of the park. The rooms are very outdated but have all the necessities and are rather spacious. The beds are huge and comfortable however the rooms were quite warm at night as the aircon didn't work so well. Overall it was an average stay but nothing special or extraordinary.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Benoit M, Directeur général at Mercure Saint Etienne Parc de L'Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Best Regards,

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Mercury Saint Etinne is a very spacious and beautiful place nice cozy business and holiday Hotel love the stay I had 2 nights there will definitely come back if I get an opportunity also very conveniently located close to the station

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Benoit M, Directeur général at Mercure Saint Etienne Parc de L'Europe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

Dear Taiyoob,