All reviews beautiful hotel converted monastery spa area old town funicular railway steam room modern art special hotel beautiful architecture family suite free mini bar hill overlooking basilica of notre dame roman ruins comfortable stay ten minute walk modern rooms
Reviewed 9 September 2018

The hotel is in a fantastic location, lovely building, helpful friendly staff and excellent food in the restuarant. Rooms basic but extremely comfortable with top notch beds and showers. Would have no hesitation staying there again. Excellent value.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Directeur_FHL, Responsable réservation at Fourviere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We would be lucky also to receive you again in place.
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a beautiful note.
See you soon, we hope.

Yours faithfully

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Great location just outside the busy part but within walking distance of old town. Stayed just one night but very adequate and comfortable. We had a lovely lunch but did not stay for breakfast and did not make use of the pool or spa. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Directeur_FHL, Directeur général at Fourviere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Sa-Bozo,

Thank you for your stay and your comment.
We are so enjoy to read your nice review and rating.

I hope welcome you for a next trip.

Best regards,
Julien Schruoffeneger
Manager

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in a beautiful location, on top of the hill, and very close to the Roman theatres and the Cathedral which were both highlights of our trip to Lyon.
Check in was easy, the room was perfect and had the best shower in any hotel I have ever been in.
Some other reviews mention the pool area being lacking. I didn’t have time to get to that area of the property but it was made clear on check in and when I looked into the details of the hotel that the pool was a lap pool, which I took to mean it was more for adults to exercise in than for playing in.
The breakfast was delicious, with all of the things we had come to expect from French hotels but even higher quality.

Loved this hotel, don’t miss out on this one.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Directeur_FHL, Directeur général at Fourviere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Dear Guests,

We are so grateful for you comment about your stay, it's a really pleasure to read your statisfaction.

You're right about the wellness area with our swim line.

We hope to welcome you again and discover other beautiful places of Lyon.

Best regards,
Julien Schruoffeneger, manager

Reviewed 4 August 2018

I would love to write a fabulous review for this place, it has many beautiful spaces sadlyI will have to leave an honest account.
We arrived a bit before our room was ready no problem it looked like a gorgeous place and we could just hang out for a bit. I asked about a bit of food as we had been on the long drive without stopping. I was told the bar could provide us with a snack. However the bar had no food! not even a snack!
So we waited for our room without food, strange since they have a restaurant and they serve breakfast. I inquired when our room was ready at the front desk about food and was told that it was only today that no food was available. Strange since they told me i could get food?
After getting our room which was very nice and worth waiting for we headed to the pool to refresh. Aaah the pool area is lovely... But not enough seating ! most people coming into the pool area had no place to put their items or relax! For a Hotel that claims to be all about luxury it is not available at the pool. On our second day we met a family who had an oddly similar experience they asked about food too Nothing was available? They also could not find any seating pool side and were forced to share 1 lounge chair for 4 people. Many people would arrive at the pool with no seating available. The last thing that happened was the fire alarm was set of 3 times during our stay. The first was by someones hot shower. the next 2 were at 2am someone was smoking inside! It was a crazy night with the alarm going off multiple times and people very upset! But not a single staff member showed up on our floor to let us know what was happening!
I do hope they get these issues straightened out, the Hotel is located in a beautiful location and is very beautiful. I think that they might be under staffed it is just my observation.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank RobertaS1179
Directeur_FHL, Directeur général at Fourviere Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear Roberta,

It is with the greatest attention that I discover and read your opinion. I wish to maintain confidence in our hotel regarding the dysfunctions that happened.

Our snack menu was not available for 2 hours one afternoon but we have solved this problem.

the terrace near the swimming lane has limited number of deckchair. We also meet customers leaving their belongings for several hours while they no longer enjoy the water.

Regarding the fire alarm we are sincerely sorry for this event

Best regards, Julien Schruoffeneger, manager

Reviewed 3 August 2018

Such an amazing hotel, everything is so quirky and unique. So much more than you could ever expect. Luxurious, expansive, interesting - it has a bit of everything. The decor is like nowhere else I have ever stayed and the rooms and facilities are second to none.
The Fourviere was originally a monastry and the reception is placed in the original chapel, alter area - simply beautiful. The rooms are unique and the spa area well worth a visit.
I have been slack posting this review, we stayed here over two years ago, but seeing some negative reports I just had to jump in and say..... please do yourself a favour and stay here and eat at the restaurant.

Stayed: September 2017

Dear Jenny,

We are very grateful to you for taking the time to write your experience in our hotel You are our ambassador! I hope to welcome you soon
Kind regards, Julien Schruoffenger, manager