See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Even though I selected the wrong type of room we were placed in the perfect room overlooking the street. Excellent location within just a few steps to the metro. Surrounded by shops from Chocolate to toys to brasseries. Breakfast on fresh linens. Service was extra friendly and welcoming. The building is 1800's, yet the fixtures were modern. Nice touches of french style. The management was very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2017

I am not sure why but many hotels in France that had 3 stars were "upgraded" to four despite staying the same.

So this is definitely not a 4-star hotel but it is a solid 3-star. The owner, who was manning, the reception when we came is extremely nice and honored all our requests. There's also a convenient parking next door which can be used.

The rooms were clean, relatively big and quiet. The bathroom was equally clean and quite roomy. Wifi was quite fast but you've have to login once in a while and it is a little bit silly.

Breakfast pastries were good. The salty part though could be improved with more variety (only two types of ham and one cheese wrapped in plastic).

To conclude we won't hesitate to stay here again next time we go to Lyon. Fare well.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2016

I was apprehensive when i first pulled up to the hotel at midnight. Scaffolding concealed the entry. in what is an apartment building You ring the buzzer and take the elevator up to the second floor. A warm welcome awaits. The room is larger that I expected, the decor is dated but serviceable. The bathroom is new. Robe and slippers are provided. Breakfast is good. The staff is outstanding: helpful, kind, informed, patient, friendly, charming etc. I was happy to come back to my comfortable room in the evening at the end of a long workday. The district is upscale. For example, there is a Poilane bakery a couple of blocks away. The hotel is very near the Metro.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2016

Almost thought that The hotel had closed upon arrival. Scaffolding was erected on its façade & the door was closed . Realised that the hotel was located on second floor of block of apartments.The hotel lobby, dining area & rooms are all rather old. Nonetheless, the staff are very helpful, especially Emily. The rooms are clean . Internet access in the room is spotty & I had to surf the net in the lobby. Location wise—this hotel is conveniently located next to Foch metro station –

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2016

I stayed in the end of March for a couple of nights. Location is great - close to metro station and bus stop is opposite the hotel. Some supermarkets nearby and main streets are also next to hotel.
Room is not tiny as in many French hotels, very decent size. The small minus is that sound proof could be better - it's easy to hear your neighbors and creaking floor sometimes. That's probably the only things I wasn't very happy about. All other positive things in the hotel compensated all this.
Breakfast is good, with fesh bread and croissants, cheese, ham, yogurts, fruits. Also cereals and dried fruits. Coffee, tea, juice - they bring to your table what you wish. Not bad at all!
But the "best of the best" in the hotel - it's staff. The lady at the reception started to help already upon my arrival - printed buses schedule, explained how to get where I needed, recommended restaurants nearby (I've been to these both - excellent recommendation), explained about problems I could face as there was a strike at one of the days I was there etc. Really helpful and all to the point. And you straightway you feel they really care about their guests.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business