See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 December 2016

I was apprehensive when i first pulled up to the hotel at midnight. Scaffolding concealed the entry. in what is an apartment building You ring the buzzer and take the elevator up to the second floor. A warm welcome awaits. The room is larger that I expected, the decor is dated but serviceable. The bathroom is new. Robe and slippers are provided. Breakfast is good. The staff is outstanding: helpful, kind, informed, patient, friendly, charming etc. I was happy to come back to my comfortable room in the evening at the end of a long workday. The district is upscale. For example, there is a Poilane bakery a couple of blocks away. The hotel is very near the Metro.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2016

Almost thought that The hotel had closed upon arrival. Scaffolding was erected on its façade & the door was closed . Realised that the hotel was located on second floor of block of apartments.The hotel lobby, dining area & rooms are all rather old. Nonetheless, the staff are very helpful, especially Emily. The rooms are clean . Internet access in the room is spotty & I had to surf the net in the lobby. Location wise—this hotel is conveniently located next to Foch metro station –

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2016

I stayed in the end of March for a couple of nights. Location is great - close to metro station and bus stop is opposite the hotel. Some supermarkets nearby and main streets are also next to hotel.
Room is not tiny as in many French hotels, very decent size. The small minus is that sound proof could be better - it's easy to hear your neighbors and creaking floor sometimes. That's probably the only things I wasn't very happy about. All other positive things in the hotel compensated all this.
Breakfast is good, with fesh bread and croissants, cheese, ham, yogurts, fruits. Also cereals and dried fruits. Coffee, tea, juice - they bring to your table what you wish. Not bad at all!
But the "best of the best" in the hotel - it's staff. The lady at the reception started to help already upon my arrival - printed buses schedule, explained how to get where I needed, recommended restaurants nearby (I've been to these both - excellent recommendation), explained about problems I could face as there was a strike at one of the days I was there etc. Really helpful and all to the point. And you straightway you feel they really care about their guests.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2015

Everyone had been telling us about Lyon, especially the cuisine and the old city. WE booked Hotel Foch as it was easy to access (driving from Chamonix Mt Blanc) yet still nice and close to the main attractions of the city. Indeed being in the 6th district of Lyon it is close to the old town (15 minutes walk) and the Park Tête d'Or (10 minutes walk north). The hotel is small but exquisite. It has only 16 rooms, and ours was tastefully appointed. The only complaint was that one of the pillows was lumpy and the free internet slow. The proprietor M. Dennis was wonderful, and really made the stay memorable. He helped with our sightseeing with plenty of suggestions. He had a few friends around for a quite drink at 10 pm Saturday night and kindly invited us to join, and would have except for exhaustion. Maybe next time. Breakfast and checkout was great. This is not a slick faceless multinational hotel chain but it is a friendly place to stay that I would return to next time we visit Lyon.

Room Tip: No problems with road noise. We had a room on the third floor overlooking the street, and weren't bothered by street noise.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2015

Emilie and Alex both spoke very good English and were very accommodating to us on our girls city break. There had been a mix up with the room by booking.com but they sorted that for us with little hassle. They also arranged our airport transfers with Stephane which was a big help and I'm sure saved us money. The girls recommended we did a boat trip when we arrived which was a good thing to do and easy way to see sights. They also recommended 'M', a nearby restaurant which I would recommend as food was excellent. Breakfast is probably better at a nearby cafe but all in all we had a pleasant experience at Hotel Foch and would go back.

Room Tip: rooms to the front were nicer - and not at all noisy from traffic, though there were some creaky floorboards!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends